• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How many ran Issabelle this weekend?

You have a good point Jim, but if you knew more about Reiter you would know that there were trails intentionally made to be challenging, such as Cable, Sac-Up, etc...

Now that the masses have destroyed those trails by creating massive go-arounds and cutting down trees, they are no longer difficult.

So if the masses can make hard trails easier, why can mother nature not make easy trails harder?

my god i can agree with you on something, i think this is the smartest thing you have ever said. tank you! it should have been left alone

FYI, someone already died on Izzy years back at the switchback where the short rock climb is. Nothing bad came from that.

This sport is as dangerous as the driver chooses to make it.

so is driving on the highway, how many people minding there own business have died out on the road going to work. we should shut those roads down i say. they're obviously too difficult to drive with as many people are dying on them.

so is driving on the highway, how many people minding there own business have died out on the road going to work. we should shut those roads down i say. they're obviously too difficult to drive with as many people are dying on them.

Make the suggestion to your congressman, maybe it will help with mass transit, commuter trains and such.

you guys are off the subject... if its a bad thing to make trails with out so called permission, then why should anything get fixed. mother nature made the trail difficult so go buy a locker or drive under the power lines. there is plenty of easy trails for newbies but like was said earlier all of the difficult trails are being overran by go arounders. if a trail becomes difficult so be it. the only thing worth going up that trail for anyway is more difficult than the washout its self.

I'm not sure what you are reffereing to?

Izzy?

or the other trails that are FUBAR with go-arounds?

sorry, i'm just talking about izzy, I guess there is just a lot of crying over spilt milk here, it's really not that big of a deal(fixing this one spot), i mean were you really planning on going up there JUST to go through that spot? There are plenty more difficult spots. I mean, it's just a the main road going up to the other stuff ie. trail o' doom, and past the log bridge. Not that big of a deal IMO. As far as the other go-around trails go, ya that sucks IMO too. and like i've stated before even with the go arounds the difficult stuff usually stays, it's not like the "little guys" are going and filling in and blocking off the hard spots, they're just making go-arounds (and i am not condoning them with that statement...just saying) So what's the issue? Yes it is unsightly and i don't like seeing it anymore than the next guy, but i also don't see a problem with having a FEW go-arounds in a FEW spots on really gnarly stuff so other people can enjoy the trail or if they break it's not as big of a hassle to get out (cus it does happen to everyone at least once). But i am really just talking about in a Eutopic society here now:redneck: I think there are bigger fish to fry than 10+ pages of banter about whether a ROAD was smoothed out and made safer and passible.

I think if some people see half way bridges made to get somewhere we are going to see alot more people "fixing" trails

you guys are off the subject... if its a bad thing to make trails with out so called permission, then why should anything get fixed. mother nature made the trail difficult so go buy a locker or drive under the power lines. there is plenty of easy trails for newbies but like was said earlier all of the difficult trails are being overran by go arounders. if a trail becomes difficult so be it. the only thing worth going up that trail for anyway is more difficult than the washout its self.

I know it was off-topic i was just rambling about other opinions I have, But if it's not that difficult up there, then why go up there? leave it for the "moderate" crowd and go run BYS or one of the other "hard" trails. usually people stick to their "skill level" but it's the idiot that ruin it for everyone and this is what we get a bunch of finger pointing and name calling amongst the group (the good samaritan wheelers in general) and a bunch of bitching and whining because these idiots from lake stevens and marysville invade or territory (good samaritan wheeler land) and go and try to bash a fullsize blazer through something like sac-up or cable....:booo: there are a bunch of other shut down trails i used to love to run but because of all the politics name calling and other Bs they're gone:booo: :booo: :booo:

The Outlet Mall is the hardest trail at Reiter currently.

Can't edit my post...

We actually need more people running it to keep the underbrush from growing back and filling the trail in. Plus, the more people we get running it the more lines it will open up in the rocks.

There are no creek crossings, no trees, no spotted owls, no salmon...just rocks and logging debris.

When a trail is easy, as Izzy is, there is no need to make go-arounds...but I guess that's too much for you to figure out huh?

I really don't see how you have any voice in this anyway, last I heard you were selling your rig and getting out of wheeling altogether.

Good bye :hi:

Not altogether getting out of wheeling, just getting back to the roots of it. I've got an 85 toyota with 2" lift, 31's, open diffs and straight body. Izzy to the log bridge would be a great trail for my rig. Guess I'll go wheel where everything is still a challenge and avoid spending loads of cash and time on a rig.

You say good by, I say hello. :hi: