• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How much tube

Mr. Underkill

In an average 2 seat buggy?

something like this
buggychassis.jpg

6 inches.

Oh wait... in a chassis my bad. Is this like the guess the jelly bean count jar at the county fair ? What do we win ???

Seriously though, it varies wildly on the amount of structure added. thats what Id call a "builders" chassis. Meaning its a structure but no were near completed so the buyer can finish out around his interior needs, drivetrain desires, suspension so on and so forth. Id guess * purly a guess* that your looking at a minimum of 200ft of tubing right there alone.

Just my guess :dunno:

ya man, that thing is massive. I plan on doin a few things different, but an estimate is good....so 200ft of tube, some new ORIs for the rear......should be a good start!

I bought 160' when I started the transformation. Now given I started with a frame so I don't have frame rails in it but I have just over a stick left and all x's are either in or cut ready to go in.

This is an older pic too. I don't have any with all the cross bracing in.

Buggy010.jpg

At that stage 160 - 200 depending on how much you waste. To finish it out 200 - 220, again depending on how much you waste.

My chassis has almost exactly 200 in it. I wasted almost nothing and even used the small pieces left over off the ends of sticks. I think I ended up with about 3' left over that I didn't use.

J. J.

I can deal with 200' of tube. How much time would it take to bend up and weld together something like Chris May's or Drews chassis?