• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How Much

Blacksheep...that is the article I was talking about that swayed me. I ended up doing the first section of the mods.....comes in right at 400HP for less than a grand more. $750 more would have gotten me 450, but I wanted to keep the stock cam in it.

The TH350 thing is what will bite you in the ass. I would not expect to pay anything less than $1000 for a quality built TH350. Mine has some additional goodies and is costing $1650 shipped.

As for 80#.....I weigh 170....don't think I can make that up with a diet....couple of the guys here might be able to, but not me.

The buggy I am building has not been built yet by Twisted Customs so I don't know what it will weigh...the closest will be Kula's when it is finished, but he has the LS1 but will be running heavier axles.

We will see. I am thinking it will weigh in at 3300# if I go SKIMPY on everything else. AL links and stuff will help a ton.

get a junkyard carbed 350 buy a good tuned port system and put a tiny lil turbo on it.. we can get wasted " crown and diet sprite for you" and build it in a day. it will be kinda like the buggy motor. LT1 minus opti spark = junk yard 350 .... tiny turbo= centrifugal blower= 6-10 psi = 100 extra hp smooth power though not the kind that breahs ****. and fantastic fuel economy with a 12:1 fmic. and it will whistle some mild port and polishing and some 40+ pound fuel injectors and you can make a very reliable 500 horsepower without worrying about breaking driveline parts. Of course build the bottom end... all in all less than 2500 bucks.

easier than most.. i would get a ford focus 2.3 or a cobalt motor and turbo the **** out of it put it mid ship and use a limited slip in the tranny one axle to the front diff one to the rear. theres all wheel drive. light wieght 400 plus hp and all the balance in the world.. and you could jump it smoothly... hint to all those building a buggy for xrra.

jontrich2 said:
get a junkyard carbed 350 buy a good tuned port system and put a tiny lil turbo on it.. we can get wasted " crown and diet sprite for you" and build it in a day. it will be kinda like the buggy motor. LT1 minus opti spark = junk yard 350 .... tiny turbo= centrifugal blower= 6-10 psi = 100 extra hp smooth power though not the kind that breahs ****. and fantastic fuel economy with a 12:1 fmic. and it will whistle some mild port and polishing and some 40+ pound fuel injectors and you can make a very reliable 500 horsepower without worrying about breaking driveline parts. Of course build the bottom end... all in all less than 2500 bucks.

Lightweight is something I am looking for also and has to be factored into the equation. Not sure how much something like that would weigh compared to an all aluminum LS1

poooo on ls1 i can build enough power to get you over ls1 craziness. if you find a truck motor with vortec heads you are light enough anyways.

BamaTJ said:
Lightweight is something I am looking for also and has to be factored into the equation. Not sure how much something like that would weigh compared to an all aluminum LS1

I live for light, but I also want my motor to survive the **** I throw at it. I am very unimpressed with the ability of an LS1 to take it.

80#...I will make it up in other places. Give me reliability over a little extra weight up front and down low.

wngrog said:
I live for light, but I also want my motor to survive the **** I throw at it. I am very unimpressed with the ability of an LS1 to take it.

80#...I will make it up in other places. Give me reliability over a little extra weight up front and down low.

i like he way this guy thinks. and we could even go as far as build you a stroker. kinda like havin a really light big block.

Of the research I did, the Gen IV 6.0 weighs the same as the Gen IV 5.3. (LSX v LQ)

No replacement for displacement :)

This is the thread where I get all embarrased cause I only got a 4.3 but still have a ****load of money into it :-[

Dont fret, my 2.7 4 banger would spank 90 percent of the rigs out there.......keep it light no mater what motor you run.

Latest posts