• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How to Bore a toy steering box

flip

I heard that it is possible to bore out a toyota steering box. I realy dont want to run hydro so this would be helpful. So if someone can tell me how it is done, or where could I find out how to.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Im thinking your talking about drilling/tapping for hydro assist? If so search Pirate, Good pics of the area's do work on.

Thanks
what i was told is if you just drill out the restrictor it is an easy thing to do to help with the steering dos it really make a diffrence

if you drill that resrictor out it will work a little better but the pump will go out right at the worst time & place, Ive seen it twice its a pain in the ass when you have to do it in the mud when its dark Trust me

if you drill that resrictor out it will work a little better but the pump will go out right at the worst time & place, Ive seen it twice its a pain in the ass when you have to do it in the mud when its dark Trust me

5+ years on the same junkyard pump 3 of that with full hydro. Drilled restrictor completely out and shimmed the relief valve. Not a problem at all. Guess it helps that I run a cooler and a ginormous reservoir.

5+ years on the same junkyard pump 3 of that with full hydro. Drilled restrictor completely out and shimmed the relief valve. Not a problem at all. Guess it helps that I run a cooler and a ginormous reservoir.

Mo fluid = mo betta. these had stock res. both on different trucks tho:wtf:

Mo fluid = mo betta. these had stock res. both on different trucks tho:wtf:

A stock Toy res. is not doesn't have a enough capacity to handle a moded pump. I ran a shimed and drilled pump with only a bigger cooler and it work but it wasn't very happy. I think the only thing that saved it was the bigger cooler.

I'm running 2 years on a drilled and shimmed junk yard pump. With hydro assist. I keep a spare in the trailer spare parts box but have not had any problems yet. A big cooler and a big resivior will keep these pumps alive. Sure makes a **** ton of noise though.

My system holds almost 3 quarts.

Latest posts