• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How to identify aftermarket axle shafts?

johneddie

Need help identifying axles in my Chevy Dana 60 front....bought it used,was supposed to be CTM axles and joints.Think joints are Super Joints,gold... :dunno: Axle is stamped 4340. Gonna have to replace long side inner,splines are twisted :****: :puke:

johneddie said:
Need help identifying axles in my Chevy Dana 60 front....bought it used,was supposed to be CTM axles and joints.Think joints are Super Joints,gold... :dunno: Axle is stamped 4340. Gonna have to replace long side inner,splines are twisted :****: :puke:

wow, that sux man

Yes gold no needle bearing joints and 4340 molded into the outter curve on the shaft yokes makes all that stuff Yukon ;D

johneddie said:

Jack only builds 300m axles so it sounds like somebody screwed you over. Out of curiosity what did you pay for that setup?

Paid $2800 for the 60 and a 14 bolt.Both had Detroits,I swapped the rear to a spool and sold the Detroit from it. The 14 already had disc conversion and the 60 had high steer arms and DE ram. Severe lack of grease and lots of mud in 60,wheel bearings shot as well and replaced all wheel studs on one side (stretched) And the 14 was supposed to be chromoly shafts as well,one side is ,not sure bout the other..... :dunno: oh well, so anyways don't have extra cash for CTM shafts right now so which is better choice ....Yukon or 10Factory?

Ain't givin names.....nice guy,maybe just didnt know what he had,second hand sale. Coulda been told incorrectly by previous owner. ??? Movin on... Buggys almost finished,ready to ride!! :driving: :dblthumb:

85toyo said:
X2 the extra weight in my axle is really helping hold down the jack stands. I haven't used mine yet so my opinion is useless.
molaugh molaugh molaugh...Thanks! Got a buddy trying to start up his own business ,Got me good price on 10Factory so I'll probably go that route. :dblthumb:

I ran 10 factory shafts in a hp60 for a year in my buggy, no issues... My buddy is gonna replace his broken Yukon stub with one cuz Yukon won't warrantee it, he is the 2nd owner ( yukons excuse )

johneddie said:
molaugh molaugh molaugh...Thanks! Got a buddy trying to start up his own business ,Got me good price on 10Factory so I'll probably go that route. :dblthumb:

Thats what i got for mine too......my friend has been running them in a rear steer 14B for 3 years now with no issues