• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How u stayin warm in the shop ?

Got Coal?

Brought home some 12000btu coal and matt thought it was the coolest thing ever to keep adding it to the fire. :dunno:
well lets just say by the end of the night the DAMN HEATER was cherry red all over, but i couldnt find my fawkin camera to take pics. :drinkers:
It melted the insallation in the top of the shop and burned the damn stove pipe in to . :dunno:

Picture235.jpg

trying to scrounge up some kind of heater now for my buddies shop....it's starting to get a little chilly down here at night

laughing1

I got that central heating son, its all gravy now-a-days. I was runnin the super sweet Cozy Heat but i've sold it to jimmy , spent his money, and not delivered it yet. :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
16 in my shop last night with a breeze. I kept working until 9:45. faster you move, warmer you stay. double knee pants, insulated boots, bibs, 2 hoodies, both thick and jersey gloves. :woody:

F - THAT.

I have a cast wood burning stove that my great grandparents had in their house when they built it in 1900. They just don't make things like that anymore.

blacksheep10 said:
16 in my shop last night with a breeze. I kept working until 9:45. faster you move, warmer you stay. double knee pants, insulated boots, bibs, 2 hoodies, both thick and jersey gloves. :woody:

Is it possible to move with all of that **** on?

I guess that's the one and only advantage of being a rockcrawler in FL. I just keep the doors closed and it stays warm enough to work in jeans and a t-shirt almost all year long. I have one of those kerosene tube jets just in case but I think I only busted it out one day last year.

J. J.

P said:
laughing1

I got that central heating son, its all gravy now-a-days. I was runnin the super sweet Cozy Heat but i've sold it to jimmy , spent his money, and not delivered it yet. :flipoff1:

x2 on the central heat thang! loller :flipper: My shop stays 68* year round. if it varies by more than 4* my ass goes to da house

My garage was built the same year as our house - 1939. No possible way to keep that one warm. I dont work outside too much in the winter. Im putting all of the mechanic projects off until I go back down to TX and have an enclosed shop with central heat/air.

my burntable control panel has an aluminum top. I sat my phone on it to use as a calc for drawing something. when I called bones, the phone had gotten so cold the batt died with over 3/4 life left not 15 minutes before. I had to put it in my armpit for 5 minutes to thaw it enough to call bones to get some CAD info. laughing1

blacksheep10 said:
my burntable control panel has an aluminum top. I sat my phone on it to use as a calc for drawing something. when I called bones, the phone had gotten so cold the batt died with over 3/4 life left not 15 minutes before. I had to put it in my armpit for 5 minutes to thaw it enough to call bones to get some CAD info. laughing1

Again I say F-THAT

I recall doing my S-10 Blazer SAS in the gravel behind that lil house of mine in Paola , partially while it was / had snow on the ground... running inside with piece's and drilling holes through 1/4 plate in the house to try to warm up and get something accomplished at the same time, then running back outside through the snow to the lil gravel pad rig covered with snow, to test fit, bolt on and keep on keeping on.

I live in the south now, Im a tropical sum bee these days.. laughing1 F- THAT