• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hp44 with 5x4.5 pattern

jeepn

O.K. I'm ready to replace my D30 in my TJ for a HP44. There are lots of great write-ups on how to do this but none tell me how to keep my 4.5" bolt pattern ( I would like to keep my 4.5 bead-lock wheels). I don't care about front hubs as I use it for trails only and trailer it. I think Dodge Ramcharger did a 44 with a 4.5 pattern but not sure. Anybody done this?

Run mid 70's-mid 80's Dodge outers. That's your only option.. but the lack of hubs and shitty unibearings IMO, is worth buying new wheels.

you should be able to get top dollar out of those wheels. Ive seen jeep folks pay way too much for **** for years. and they like it too!:beer:

Try and find a D44 front from a Rubicon. If that doesn't work, look for one from a Grand Cherokee with the Quadradrive system. Both have the correct wheel pattern. However, they're not 'true' D44s. But both will be cheap and easy upgrades. The downside, is that both use the relatively small unit bearings and stub shafts. The upside, is both are already coil-bucket, links, etc.

Try and find a D44 front from a Rubicon. If that doesn't work, look for one from a Grand Cherokee with the Quadradrive system. Both have the correct wheel pattern. However, they're not 'true' D44s. But both will be cheap and easy upgrades. The downside, is that both use the relatively small unit bearings and stub shafts. The upside, is both are already coil-bucket, links, etc.
The Rubicon 44 would be the easist but that is a low pinion with dana 30 knuckles, not much gained over a high pinion 30