• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HPO - March 12 - work day

Mike and Piper,
If either of you talk with Mark any time soon... last weekend at the HardLine ride Gizmo showed me the OLD OLD cemetery in the back of the park literally 20 feet off the trail. We stopped and went in to it and saw that some head stones have the early 1800's like TEENS in the 1800's... I would LOVE to spend a weekend cleaning that graveyard up and possibly erecting a cool wood fence around it... pay respect to the ones who have loved that land before us and use the land as a final resting place. There seems to be enough interest last weekend form the handful discussing the idea.
If Mark owns that property... please ask him. He provide the ideas I bet we can get the man power to clean the small trees out of there and put an appropriate period fence around it. Maybe an entrance too. For folks to stop and pay respects.

I visit loved ones in their final resting place as often as I can. Let them know how much they were and still are appreciated. I mentioned to Gizmo that day, how crazy it is that all it takes is a single generation before a grave site stops receiving visitors. It's sad honestly. My grandfather is buried right outside of Birmingham, and when I'm over in that area, I take 30 minutes and stop and pay my respects. I was only 3 when he passed. But he was my grandfather who lived a LONG time. And his life is worth the reverence. Everyone's life is worth the reverence. In that cemetery too.

Sorry for the ramble, but it's totally relevant to HPO and a work day...

LandSpeeder said:
Mike and Piper,
If either of you talk with Mark any time soon... last weekend at the HardLine ride Gizmo showed me the OLD OLD cemetery in the back of the park literally 20 feet off the trail. We stopped and went in to it and saw that some head stones have the early 1800's like TEENS in the 1800's... I would LOVE to spend a weekend cleaning that graveyard up and possibly erecting a cool wood fence around it... pay respect to the ones who have loved that land before us and use the land as a final resting place. There seems to be enough interest last weekend form the handful discussing the idea.
If Mark owns that property... please ask him. He provide the ideas I bet we can get the man power to clean the small trees out of there and put an appropriate period fence around it. Maybe an entrance too. For folks to stop and pay respects.

I visit loved ones in their final resting place as often as I can. Let them know how much they were and still are appreciated. I mentioned to Gizmo that day, how crazy it is that all it takes is a single generation before a grave site stops receiving visitors. It's sad honestly. My grandfather is buried right outside of Birmingham, and when I'm over in that area, I take 30 minutes and stop and pay my respects. I was only 3 when he passed. But he was my grandfather who lived a LONG time. And his life is worth the reverence. Everyone's life is worth the reverence. In that cemetery too.

That cemetery is pretty awesome. Adam Strebeck *greenlion* buried his dog out there not too long ago. I remember is talking about it once and I believe it was kept hid semi on purpose. I'll dig around and find out some info tho!

There were a few of us at the park a few weeks back that took a few minutes to check out the cemetery. Very cool in a historical way.
We had stopped and were picking up cans from the ground around one of the blue trash barrels when we noticed the cemetery.

I like Eric's idea.

Jon Piper said:
That cemetery is pretty awesome. Adam Strebeck *greenlion* buried his dog out there not too long ago. I remember is talking about it once and I believe it was kept hid semi on purpose. I'll dig around and find out some info tho!

Well, it's so obvious... that's it's hidden. It's literally 20 feet off the trail.
When walking back there, there may quite literally be 50+ head stones back there... It's so much bigger than you see from the trail once you get in there a few feet.

My shop complex has a cemetery built around it. Some people have been buried in recent years in it. Families come and visit. I walk the dog through it every day. Every day, I do not forget that I am to respect the people who are resting in their final place. Very humbling. We will ALL be there one day, like it or not. So might as well pay respect while I can.

RustyC said:
There were a few of us at the park a few weeks back that took a few minutes to check out the cemetery. Very cool in a historical way. It's on the right heading out to Brokefoot between the creek and the trail.
We had stopped and were picking up cans from the ground around one of the blue trash barrels when we noticed the cemetery.

I like Eric's idea.

YES!

And that blue barrel looks as if it hasn't been emptied in YEARS! it was over flowing and a huge pile beside it. No doubt it needs emptying...

LandSpeeder said:
Mike and Piper,

Will definitely talk with Mark about it this weekend. I like your idea as well Eric.

LandSpeeder said:
YES!

And that blue barrel looks as if it hasn't been emptied in YEARS! it was over flowing and a huge pile beside it. No doubt it needs emptying...
I carry big trash bags when I go and pick up as much as I can

Re:

I seen the cemetery and wanted to check it out and I also wanted to pick up any beer can we drove by but if you ever climb in and out of that Cadillac Buggy you'll understand what was holding me back.

Old cemeteries are cool to visit and think about the people who are there and what they seen in their lifetime. We found a family cemetery in Monticello Ky that sits on one of the original family farms. The house is nothing but a stone foundation a fireplace that cows graze around but somebody fenced off the graveyard and mows it. Would like to meet that person and thank them for watching over it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sappmann said:
I carry big trash bags when I go and pick up as much as I can

I'm not sure I understand. But are you saying you take trash bags to the designated trash cans an empty the trash cans? For the park?
Or just in general, pick up random trash?
I do pick up random trash... however, I do not empty designated trash cans that are wire tied to poles in the ground. Unless, I am at a work-day.
The trash can I was referring to is at the intersection actually, where not many people would normally stop. It's been over flowing for a long time it appears.

Re:

There is a place off of Merlin that looks like it may be a good trail, also we have been wanting to look at spot down past the Mudd bog.

We have an idea that will take lot of work. Talked to Mark sat at the race and he seemed interested in it. The idea is to take the middle access from water fall to k5 and add rock the entire way. Make it harder as you and tie into the short trails.

Sad part is the rock will have to be moved to that area and if it was done the entire length it will be like 800 yard long.

Re: HPO - March 12 - work day

552911d3a83dccfd58ece77eebebd245.jpg

Not bad for crappy weather !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: HPO - March 12 - work day

514e4f34484e8a1a2cb7a9498b2f8a16.jpg

Thanks Shane and Denson you guys really help out more than anyone knows !

This was only a small portion of the park. We still have a ton of work that needs done. We have a new trail that needs clearing and couple be a race hill end of August !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk