• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HPO - March 12 - work day

Jon Piper

Have you been wanting to check out hawk pride ? Here is a chance to get in free and help put up a few signs and make the park a better place. It's up to us to support our local parks, so come on and give us a hand.

Re: HPO - April 9th - work day

I can't 100% commit yet, but I will pencil it in on the calendar.

Considering there is an event there the same weekend that I'm already attending at HPO.... Does that mean I don't have to pay the park anything?

Why on an event weekend???

I just now verified my dates with the event chair/organizer and he has verified again with Mark.
March 12th is the work day. Their group that is going: working, putting up new signs, etc. They are not being charged entry. They've worked that out with numbers people and rigs with Mark. I will not be there since I have prior commitments that weekend.

April 7-10 is MardiKrawl, the event. I've paid for this event and park for this event weekend.

Jon, my name is Mike and I am the past president of the La Land Krewesers and on the Mardi Krawl Planning Committee. Eric is correct that our event, Mardi Krawl, is April 7-10. The work day we are doing with Mark is the weekend of March 12 and is a combined work day at the park hanging some trail signs that Mark gave me a list of (it's not many), doing some trail work and several of us scouting out how we want to set things up for our event. We usually don't have a big crowd for our work / planning weekend but we welcome any help that you guys want to give. Mark is a great guy, HPO is a great park and we just like to do what we can for him. And also as Eric said, our event is open to anyone. If any of you guys would like to attend you are more than welcome to. www.MardiKrawl.com Thanks.

No problem. We have a five of our members coming up and a couple of the HOT South Cruiser guys coming from AL to help out. Look forward to seeing some of you guys out there as well.

And just a little more info about why you should come to Mardi Krawl......

So you're not registered for one of the best off-road parties in the south?? Let me clue you in to what you are missing out on.....

1. Hawk Pride Mountain Offroad Park was voted as #1 in Alabama by offroaders like yourself in a poll sponsored by PartCatalog.com. See for yourself....http://www.partcatalog.com/blog/2014-top-off-road-trails-in-america/

2. We have a very extensive list of vendors and sponsors who have once again stepped up to support Mardi Krawl in raising money for our charity, The La Heroes Project. To start with, our friends at Southern Style Offroad (formerly Southern Style Speed) and Endless Horizon Expedition Outfitters have stepped up big time AGAIN! Kevin from SSO is not bringing 1, not 2 but 3 bumpers to be raffled off!! And Kevin (the other Kevin, not the Kevin from SSO) from EHEO is bringing a ton of prizes AND cooking the jambalaya AGAIN on Fri night. And if that weren't enough, we have RuggedPix, ExtremePara, C4 Fab, TRDParts4U, DB Customz, Nomadders, Adams Driveshafts, Winch Leader, Devil Woman Flags, the CottonLand Cruisers, the Razorback Land Cruisers and more who have all stepped up and are donating to our cause.

3. Suzi Brown and the Brown Forensic Accounting team feel strongly when it comes to charities and giving back. They have graciously donated an ARB 50qt Fridge AGAIN to be raffled off for the benefit of the La Heroes Project.

4. RuggedPix will be there taking pictures and shooting video. They will be shooting drone video and we'll have it up on the big screen during the event so you may see yourself on TV. You can also schedule your own photo shoot with them while we are there. They can do action shots, poser shots, etc.

5. Have you ever been to NOLA for a parade? If not, we're bringing the parade to you. We will have our very own parade at the park. This is something that you and the kids don't want to miss!

Never mind the fact that you'll be in great company and have a great time during Mardi Krawl. You'll see some familiar faces, meet up with old friends, get to meet some new friends and maybe even teach a newbie a thing or two about wheeling. So bring the wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, kids, cousins, neighbors and whoever else you can round up and come enjoy a great weekend of fun.

www.MardiKrawl.com

All that Bang Bang mentioned... and my new favorite trail anywhere! "Up hill both ways"!

12795321_10154776487565200_404761164503673512_n.jpg

We rode Hpo @ the 2014 mardikrawl and we had a great time !

My wife has a cruiser fetish and wanted to come check out yalls rigs. Reall nice group of people.

Uphill both ways is a good crawler trail , it's a challenge when it's slick out.

I HIGHLY encourage people to come to the EVENT in April... THAT will be the good time. Good food and raffling some awesome stuff!
Get registered and come on out!

LandSpeeder said:
I HIGHLY encourage people to come to the EVENT in April... THAT will be the good time. Good food and raffling some awesome stuff!
Get registered and come on out!
Keep the motorhouse there all week and hang out at our ride the next weekend! Be two fun weekends in a row!

Hawk Pride is an awesome place and Mark has always been good to us when we are coming out! Thanks Piper for getting this together. Wish I could be there, but I can not make it.

Weather is not looking too good for this weekend but we will be there. Don't know how much work we will get done. Mark only gave me a list of 11 signs to make and I am not sure if he has done any more work on the trail Bourbon Street that we cut with him last year. We will be doing a bunch of scouting for things for Mardi Krawl. But you guys are welcome to come join us......in the rain. :eek:

bang bang said:
Weather is not looking too good for this weekend but we will be there. Don't know how much work we will get done. Mark only gave me a list of 11 signs to make and I am not sure if he has done any more work on the trail Bourbon Street that we cut with him last year. We will be doing a bunch of scouting for things for Mardi Krawl. But you guys are welcome to come join us......in the rain. :eek:

thumb.gif

I think a couple of us will be cutting a new hill around the broke foot / waterfalls area.