• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hub questions !

97f250

i got a chevy dana 44 up front i took the hub off and counted 19 splines on the axle shaft it self... i need a new hub for it can i use ford d44 hubs and is the 19 spline relivent or is a hub a hub as long as i have the original hub..

and on that note any one have a good warn or compariable hub laying around they wanna part with for a reasonably price!

Most D44 hubs are 19 splined.

There is some interchange-ability between the D44 and the D30 (early versions). The D30 primarily used a 27 splined, shorter axle.

There are also some aftermarket applications using 30 splines.

that is kinda what i was thinking that you could change the d44 over to 30 spline but is it that impotant there cromoly shafts with a 5 year warrenty on them all i need is a new hub to replace a broken one.. i wanna know does it matter if i get it from a ford 44 and does the 19 spline matter and if any one has a godo hub they wanna get rid of

You can use the ford lock out. IIRC warn lists the same part number for ford/chev/jeep/dodge 1/2t lock out hubs. Before the flames start there are exceptions to every thing but the vast majority use the same hub.

I've got a box of chevy hubs (manual lockouts in my shed somewhere....enough for at least two IIRC (been a long time since I looked at them!:haha:) PM if interested.

so is it going to matter if it is a six lug is there a diffs is a hub a hub

19 spline is 19 spline on a 44 hub...some ford 8lug 44's had a larger wheel hub and locking hub...but for the most part as mentioned earlier as long as the spline count and body size of the hub are the same, should work fine---

like zukkev said, ive also got some 8 lug dana 44 hubs with warn lockouts. $50 for the pair of hubs and lockouts, in good shape. could include spindles too if you need another set :awesomework:

i think i may just go up to billy bobs and buy a set of those warn perium hubs withthe lifetime warrenty on them but thanks will keep it in mind for sure

Latest posts