• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hunting season

I don't know, but the parking lots seem to be full in Cle Elum Hotels. Just saying! I have never traveled to hunt. growing up we had a farm, and we drove the tractor out shot an elk and used the tractor to get it to the barn to clean. The idea of quartering an animal was foreign to me until just a few years ago.

Part of why I haven't shot an elk since I was 14, besides the drive from my current location.

We set up camp 18 miles off the highway over by Mazama every year. We're about a mile as the crow flies from the Pasayten Wilderness. From camp we head out in different directions. There is some good area all around us.

525114_433714799999463_453969146_n.jpg

Last edited:
Shot a deer with a bow for the first time this season, first time bow hunting period. 180lb doe, now have to wait until Nov for Elk.

It's a whole different experience shooting big game animal with a bow than with a rifle. If you want to try something more intense try a recurv/longbow with no sights. It's a lot of fun. Congrats

iam ready to bag me some pheasants!!!

Me too, I got 2 hens last weekend. Gonna head over Sunday for some more. Got a fresh pup that I am hunting over so its a blast.

We are hunting up at Cook Canyon so the birds are hobbled for the dog, hence the hen killin.

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 238
Beautiful German Shorthair Pointer pup BTW.

I sat and watched two fawns and their mother in an orchard all day. Ten minutes after legal light was gone, the bucks piled in. GRRRR.

Thank you!

He had another great weekend. I shot 6 birds but Axel found 9 so I am the one that needs some training now.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 203
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 207
Yeah, finally all the burn bans are off. Hunting isn't the same without a fire. Loading up the saws as I speak. Nice birds. It's pretty cool working birds over a good dog.

Got a 2x2 bull last week with my any bull tag. Missed a chance on a 5x5. Was a little unsure about taking a smaller bull but since then the elk have dried up in my area so my bull is going to taste pretty good.

Nice job "Whatthe?" on the bull, I think we are some of the few that scored this year!

Me and my Uncle both got nice spikes up near the funny rocks opening morning. Super stoked I got a bull this year. We are off to Montana for deer this weekend for 2 weeks. I will report back!

Attachments

• elk6.jpg
    elk6.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 252
  • elk4.jpg
    elk4.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 247
  • elk1.jpg
    elk1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 251
Filled the freezer with some good meat. This guy was a porker!
318950_437196832984593_1913957620_n.jpg

197552_437197296317880_279346923_n.jpg

The Berger VLD 130gr did a good job (exit wound. Double lung.) Check out the layers of fat on him.
546830_437197616317848_87012680_n.jpg

Good lord man, that is a fat deer! Where was the general area you got him at? Food source? It looks like you are skinning a pig!

My uncle got any bull up in peaches ridge and my 81 year old grandpa got a cow tag for the same area... and all 5 of us got drawn for deer in Montana again.