• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Huntsville Threatens Veteran with Arrest for Living off the Grid

Did he move the trailer onto the property knowing it was against "code" or did he get zoned into the city which made him in violation of code?

Pretty big difference in my eyes.

Interested to see how it goes. Or the whole story.

TBItoy said:
Did he move the trailer onto the property knowing it was against "code" or did he get zoned into the city which made him in violation of code?

That's what I was wonder too. I was hoping somebody local would have some more info.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Anybody want to pull a Bundy Ranch type standoff? I would gladly shoot any pig/.gov official that follows the order to arrest this man.
I'm all for less government in our business, but shooting a cop for arresting someone?

5BrothersFabrication said:
Anybody want to pull a Bundy Ranch type standoff? I would gladly shoot any pig/.gov official that follows the order to arrest this man.

I'm from a family of uniforms. Dad was a State Trooper, Uncle and Cousin as well. I was a cub scout.
They're just doing their job. Aren't we always bitching on here about people doing their jobs?

TBItoy said:

If he put the trailer on the property knowing it was against code, that's the only way I would agree with the city. If they rezoned it then they're definitely way off track! Good luck to him though fighting the city. The county just took half my Dad's property and his shop to redo the road. I think it's crap how you can purchase a piece of land, own it outright, and they can just come in and take it away from you if they choose to do so. To me, you can never truly own a piece of land if government can just come and take it away.

There was a story like this in Colorado or somewhere recently also. Only this lady lived out in the mountains miles from anywhere. Her house was fricking beautiful. Not huge, but very nicely built with large floor to ceiling glass, accent lighting inside and out, etc. She was obviously very well-ff. The house itself was nicer than 90% of the homes I've seen, it was quality enough to be on the cover of any home magazine. Every inch of her roof was a solar panel, she had full plumbing and everything. She had enough solar power to not have to conserve energy at all. Her water pump was electric, she lived basically just like anyone else who had conglomerate electric. But the county was going to arrest her for not being on county water, power, and sewer, condemned her house. They didn't even have a sewer line ran to her property, they wanted to make her pay to have one run. I don't know what ever came of her.

The only part I can understand is requiring a proper sewer or septic system, or an "approved" containment/disposal system.

Especially in a municipality/city limits/etc.

Requiring electric and water hookup is bullshit. If you can provide your own, then more power to ya thumb.gif

When I built my house, the ONLY thing I had to do to get a "residence/building" permit is go to the county health department and get a perk test/septic permit.

sap said:
I'm all for less government in our business, but shooting a cop for arresting someone?
417chevy said:
And posting that **** on the web ?????

If this dude is in the right, hell yeah I would. If he's wrong, then fawk him. Shoulda bought property deeper in the county. I've had enough of this .gov ****. Try and think of ANY aspect of your life that isn't regulated. I'm goddamned sick of it, and if your uncle's cousin's nephew is a LEO, I'm sorry, but if you follow an order that you KNOW is bullshit, you are just as guilty as the piece of **** city council that made up that money-grab rule.

"The tree of liberty must be freshened from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

I can only see the requirement of a sewer. Anywhere you live you need to make sure your waste isn't contaminating where you live, the water under you, wildlife around you, etc. Lots of folks on wells around here, springs, etc. Still have to have septic/mound/lagoon/sanitary hookup.