• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hvac

The Luke

Anybody an hvac repair guy or know one in or around Lebanon, tn?? Hiller just came out and they want $900 for a new motor and $108 per lbs for refrigerant. I've got the motor ordered. But surely I can get a better deal on refrigerant.

Thanks in advance guys!!

R22 or 410 should not be more than 60 per lb. unless you have a true variable speed ECM motor it should not run more than $500 ish installed.

I get motors for like 80-120$ (my cost) and that's not ECM. And I do r-22 for 50$ a pound. That dude is trying to make a killing off one service call sounds like!

It's an x13 motor. Conveniently I've got a friend that their family owns an electric motor repair company. So that's taken care of. Benny, where are you located??

Depending on the brand of unit, I've seen the X13 motors go from $180 - $700 cost! (Carrier being the highest) That being said, the refrigerant cost is WAY too high. R-22 is going for around $215 per 30# cylinder for cost. If you are being charged anything over $50/ lb it is price gouging. We as HVAC contractors have a lot of overhead and have to make money on parts not just labor, but what you are being charged is entirely too much. Just my .02

My brother-in-law might be able to hook you up. He's in Columbia, TN. (931) 398-8282 or (931)982-0397.

I definitely appreciate the input guys. A old coworker of mine gave me a shout this morning. He found a half used tank for 10 a lbs. still waiting to hear the official word on the motor. But I've got three different people hunting for it.

Call my good buddy Daniel Hunter (Hunter Heating and Air) 615-714-6200. Let him know that you got his number from Brady in Hendersonville and he will hook you up!

TN12Valve said:
Call my good buddy Daniel Hunter (Hunter Heating and Air) 615-714-6200. Let him know that you got his number from Brady in Hendersonville and he will hook you up!

If I don't hear back from a buddy of mine before too long I'll give him a call. Thanks again guys.

I called Hiller, they refunded the service call fee. All is good. Brady, I called Daniel. He's a good dude. He offered to come out tonight even though it's his old lady's bday. I think he's coming out tomorrow to get me squared away.

The Luke said:
I called Hiller, they refunded the service call fee. All is good. Brady, I called Daniel. He's a good dude. He offered to come out tonight even though it's his old lady's bday. I think he's coming out tomorrow to get me squared away.
Did he get you squared away Luke?

I had three people work on my unit last year all total spent 1,500 bucks. Never was fixed, called the last guy back and told him I wasn't paying his bill till my unit worked right, he came back out only to find out that a squirrel had eat a hole in the duct work coming off my unit. So he was able to trim a little off the duct work and pull it back over the lip and reclamp. And like I said this was after 1,500$$$$ worth of parts and labor. There is a lot of people in the hvac industry that are straight out crooks in my opinion. Being in business for myself I understand people make money but wholy crap, how much overhead could they have, a truck and some tools. I have to have huge building and all kinds of machines and cant make what they make in an hour,( NOTE to self: I might be in the wrong business!!!!)

Be careful. I just had one fixt. Got two estimates. One was 3500. Other 3000. Had a friend check it was the thermostat cost me 170bux.

TN12Valve said:
Did he get you squared away Luke?

Yessir. Daniel is a good dude. His little boy fixed the ac and Daniel gave him a hand every now and then. HAhaha

I felt bad because I bailed on him in the middle of it to go to the diesel truck race at I-40 drag way. Haha