• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Duramax HVAC..... I'm stumped

Better plan on keeping it forever because technology is only getting worse for the diy guy. I know manufacturers ultimate goal is so the average guy can't work on his rig.

Ive had my trusty ol 12 valve down to nothin. Easy to fix, tough to replace.

500,000 is my goal.

Ya'll shoulda bought a Ferd!!! :fawkdancesmiley:They Neeeevvver have any issues you speak of here!!! :redneck:

I am going to replace the hvac panel. Is there some kind of reporgramming i need to do to the BCM or to the panel to get it to work?

Is there a way to test the gauge to find out if its not the sending unit .

You can check the data and verify. But none of the guages are hard wired to the cluster. They are known as "smart clusters" and have there own processing ability. Information for the guages is sent by certian modules via the class 2 data line.

I've replaced one of the HVAC clusters with the same issues as you described, when I removed it you could see the board had a burnt section in it. Just for kicks I pulled the one out of my truck and swapped it in. Problem went away.

As for the gauges, mine is currently not working (speedo, tach and oil pressure) the recall was in place for 7 years or 80,000 from original purchase. I'm just past both as mines an 04. You can get a refurbished one on eBay with a core for $250 or send it to the place for $150. Both have a warranty. That is the cheapest I can find.

Tacoma speedometer rebuilt my cluster. Dropped it off and it was done 2hrs later. Good folks.

yeah those guys do decent work...

on my 'o5 mustang i had, the speedo went out, which was a know servo failure issue... i just ordered up new updated servos for like $5 each and replaced them.... easy peasy, took about 15 minutes after removal to replace speedo and tach servos... saved $260 and up at the dealers..

unrelated, i know, but... it was fun...

took me back to the days of being electronics tech.... ahhh the memories :p

CRASH- I got a letter from GM regarding some kind of resistor in the manual HVAC trucks, and they will fix it for free. Could this be my problem?

Or is that only related to the blower fan, and not the climate control, heat, vents, A/C, rear defrost all not working?

It sounds too good to be true, and i'm still limping it with no defrost.

Thanks Mike! I appreciate your help.

CRASH- I got a letter from GM regarding some kind of resistor in the manual HVAC trucks, and they will fix it for free. Could this be my problem?

Or is that only related to the blower fan, and not the climate control, heat, vents, A/C, rear defrost all not working?

It sounds too good to be true, and i'm still limping it with no defrost.

Thanks Mike! I appreciate your help.

Thats for the blower only Clark. Its a replacement of the connector and resistor assy if the connector is melted..

I have done a couple dozen...

Finally got this fixed, it was the heater control panel, got a new one from budget truck in auburn $75.

are you getting heat right away (when truck is up to operating temp)

Mine takes a few min to change temp.

On another note I did fix the gas gauge . The sending unit broke free from the mounting bracket and spun and was pressing up against the side of the tank

Latest posts