• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydraulic 90* fitting question

brokenparts

Started doing some plumbing on the steering/brake hydro circuit and was wondering if I am asking for trouble using these type of fittings:

1007415417_photobucket_25861_-1.jpg

1007415417_photobucket_25860_-1.jpg

Is there going to be any flow issues using that hard of a 90 instead of using the smoother transition type of 90 (like the one on the bottom pic to the left)?

If you have the room, I'd go with the smooth transition fitting...I have seen the one in question used many times though due to room constraints...

We use them all the time at work with no issues. If you are worried put some blue locktight on the threads. Just don't get it on the sealing area. Or just get another 90* swivel hose end, like the one in the background of the second pic.

i made my own on my buggy and my sammy, and have been running my sammy for years.
heck i even used the 5/16 braided steel air brake hose for those fittings for my fuel line.
one trick was is if the hose is pre heated it will go together better, so sometimes i'll heat the end of it with the heat gun.

All the excavators I have run have had that fitting on them some where without issue. Should be no problem for your car.

Latest posts