• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hydraulic assist issues

datsunon40s

have an 84 toyota with trailgear hydraulic assist and so far it sucks its harder to steer than with just my hysteer is anybody else having this problem?? was this hooked up wrong?? info please before I throw it in the damn garbage!!:mad: :mad:

Cha... Cha...China, arent they Communist? Is it bled properly? Any pump whine?

unbolt one end of the ram and then start it up and steer the wheel. if the ram moves the same way as the tierods, then your good. if it moves the oppisite direction of the tierods your backward on your hydro hoses (R to L).:awesomework:

Check the lines as chop sop says, then bleed it , bleed it some more, then when you think it is good, bleed it once more.

Just because I will be doing this soon. How do you bleed it ? Just the same as bleeding a regular system or is there something else.

(leaving the cap off of the res. and turning the wheels lock to lock with the tires off of the ground)

We do it with engine off, let it sit and redo it, once the system seems to be bleed we will run it a bit to see if it pushes any more air out.

Thanks for the replies to my question :cheer: I have another. The ram I will be using is a 6" unit. I am using a ford (large can) pump and res. Will I need another remote type res. so that the ram dosent empty the pump one ?

I installed the TG kit recently. Mine works flawless. No whine, Super easy to turn. No pump noise.

Deffinately bleed it with the front tires off the ground. Engine off. Turn lock to lock 50 times or so. Then start the truck, turn lock to lock maybe 2-3 times. turn off engine. wait for things to settle. Then turn lock to lock a few more times.

Thats all I had to do. Works tits :)

I've found that you have to have the front end off the ground to effectively bleed hydro systems. Otherwise they seem to trap air into the cylinder. I have also found that the initial bleed works better with the motor not running.:awesomework:

I installed the TG kit recently. Mine works flawless. No whine, Super easy to turn. No pump noise.

Deffinately bleed it with the front tires off the ground. Engine off. Turn lock to lock 50 times or so. Then start the truck, turn lock to lock maybe 2-3 times. turn off engine. wait for things to settle. Then turn lock to lock a few more times.

Thats all I had to do. Works tits :)

are you locked up front? if so can you steer at a stop on the brakes? because mine wont turn at all at a stop with the hubs locked in!:mad:

You should be able to turn at a stop with hydro assist. I run a modded toy pump with a toy box and the TG 1.5x8 ram. I can turn just fine on concrete with the brakes on. My front end is spooled with 36" Irok's.

are you locked up front? if so can you steer at a stop on the brakes? because mine wont turn at all at a stop with the hubs locked in!:mad:

I am locked in the front. Even at idle it will easily turn the front end. Did you plumb the hoses correctly?

I am running the TG pump, Box, Cooler, REs, And I have a 2x6 ram.

I am locked in the front. Even at idle it will easily turn the front end. Did you plumb the hoses correctly?

Since when??? Damn bro, We havnt wheeled in a while

thats the problem i bought this truck with the assist on it so i gont know if its done right

Latest posts