• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydro Steering

wgamble

Hopefully i do not get flamed to badly but fawk it, I am new to full hydro and about at my whits end.

I have a single ram hydro setup on a new to me rig. This one has the steering column going into it and opposite side of that is where the hoses come out. I replaced the power steering pump. I have bled the system to the "T" according to PSC. I still cannot get it to turn without working the **** out of it, especially back to the drivers side.

HELP, fawk with me all you like but someone please lay some knowledge on me

That's weird hydro will eventually bleed themselves u got plenty of fluid? And wat size ram u running

Sounds like you still have air in it make sure you bleed it like the directions say do it it makes a difference if that does not work call PSC and ask for help they are great to work with and will help you through it !

So upon further investigation, I noticed the wording where the hoses connect are upside down. Would this matter?

I guess this is an orbital valve from a tractor. It does not look like anything that I see of PSC. the cylinder has "hydro-line" on it.

I'm having the Same problem. Fittings are on the bottom but thAts the only option I have due to clearance. Anybody else have advice?

What if your fitting are on the side? My steering makes a hissing sound when you turn to th right. Doesn't make any noise when you turn left. Not trying to high jack your thread. What kind of fluid is everyone running in there steering? I'm using regular power steering fluid is there something that works better?

I put regular ps fluid in mine and it got hot and thinned out a lot faster so I put hydro fluid in it and know a few people who run trans fluid with no problems. You guys may have a problem with the fluid tank being to small if you run the cylinder all the way out it could be sucking it dry an putting air back in the system

Companies like Psc won't warrantee anything if you run tranny fluid , not
Saying it doesn't work... Also flameable as all hell!

I've got something going on with mine also, orbital mounted upside down, can turn the wheel back and forth a hundred times, soon as I start it, the fluid turns into foam, I dnt have room to mount it right side up but might try flipping it to bleed it,

Well I realized that the lines from the orbital to the cylinder are like 11 ft long. Gonna take them to work and shorten them up hoping that will help my pump out.

wgamble said:
Well I realized that the lines from the orbital to the cylinder are like 11 ft long. Gonna take them to work and shorten them up hoping that will help my pump out.

It won't.

Length of line from the orbital to ram won't matter, because you only have to move a certain amount of fluid to make the ram turn.

And its the same amount of fluid if you have 1 foot lines or 20 foot lines.

Make sure the feed line from the reservoir to the pump is as short as possible and is headed down hill the entire way. If it goes up at all it can starve the pump.