• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydro steering ?

wheeler4x4samota

Ok i got my steering done and it works great. I have one question though. When I go full lock it will stop my power steering pump. The toyota pump volume has been turned up as well. .Why is full lock stopping my pump? I have never had this issue until i did the swap.Is there supposed to be a pressure release valve in the system some where? Please answer will knowledgeable answers and no smart azz comments. Thanks JP:;

stop the pump? As in seize it? Mine hits the bypass and you can hear it so i back off a bit so it isnt going batshit.

How did you bump up the pressure/flow on the pump?

What did you do to the spring? the spring and that stuff in there is part of the bypass.

removing the shim should lower the pressure and drilling out the orifice will increase the flow. If you drilled it to far the belt will not handle the horse power needed to run the pump..... A belt can only carry aprox 15 hp as a rule of thumb(single V belt) Another rule of thumb is 1 hp to provide 1 gallon a minute at 1500 psi

Shouldn't matter, the orbital valve should just bypass when at full lock, nothing to do with the pump, better do some research on those orbital valves you picked up.

PS........I did just get home from doing the Snohomish run up and down until no bar's would let us in anymore........so I can't be too sure about the validity of this post.