• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hyrdo Assist on HP44

2" is probly gonna be to slow for assist. 8" stroke is about right though.

I bought the PSC ram, http://www.pscmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_123&products_id=126, it cost a lot more but it comes with the heims and that makes it easier to deal with.

Tapping the box is easy. Reassembling the box afterward is a pain in the ass. It's also a good skill to have and good experience, so I say do it. I used four bolts in the mounting holes and a contracter's level to get it nice and flat in the drill press. I JB-welded in the adapters (1/4" pipe to JIC-6). No leaks.

I had my hoses made at the hydro place off 116th in Kirkland (next to 405). I paid something in the area of $80 for the pair. I'll never go there again. I feel I was raped, and the attitude behind the counter was annoying.

I do all my hydro/pneumatic business with American Hose and Fitting down in Kent now.

Freeride said:
Looking at adding hydro assist on my HP44 in the front of my TJ.

Would this ram be ideal?
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTELargeImageView?storeId=6970&langId=-1&rfno=21342

Anyone here tap their own box? How hard was it?

Where did you guys have your hoses made? How much did that run?

Crash/Kelly, any details on the ZJ setup?

I run that same ram on my full hydro. Without bumping up your pump that ram will be slow. If you are planning on only going with assist you want a 1.5" ram with hiems on both ends...

Freeride said:
1.5", good to know. Where did Kelly's ram come from?

My ram was a piece of ****, don't ever buy one. Crash spent lots-o-hours making it work....I think it was from surpluscenter.com IIRC :D

I got my complete system at Rockstomper.com and it has an 1.5" ram and works very well.
No surprises and the box was easy to do.

Kelly said:
My ram was a piece of ****, don't ever buy one. Crash spent lots-o-hours making it work....I think it was from surpluscenter.com IIRC :D
Crashy poo, spill it, what was wrong with it?

CrustyJeep said:
Crashy poo, spill it, what was wrong with it?

i HAD to cut both ends off and weld on threaded ends onto it to make it work properly--which is does :;

Toyotanut said:
wouldn't with that size ram it still be slow in an assist situation? I've got the spencer version of that for my full hydro setup

Its depends on what volumn your pump can put out..

Gm pumps are high volumn by nature unlike the toy pumps...

crash said:
Its depends on what volumn your pump can put out..

Gm pumps are high volumn by nature unlike the toy pumps...

true, but even with a toy pump it wasn't bad...granted the pump had been modded. I do notice that it is even easier with the saginaw pump though:clappy:

Toyotanut said:
true, but even with a toy pump it wasn't bad...granted the pump had been modded. I do notice that it is even easier with the saginaw pump though:clappy:

You can mod a toy pump all day but then end result is what you are seeing :;

crash said:
i HAD to cut both ends off and weld on threaded ends onto it to make it work properly--which is does :;
Yeah that's why I shyed away from that type, just didn't see a clean way to mount it.

CrustyJeep said:
I had my hoses made at the hydro place off 116th in Kirkland (next to 405). I paid something in the area of $80 for the pair. I'll never go there again. I feel I was raped, and the attitude behind the counter was annoying.

I paid the same there, it was Western Hydraulics. I didn't have any issues with the guy working there. I thought the price was fair, but I dunno much about hydro stuff.

I used the Rocklogic Ram on my truck, their ram seems pretty good and works well.

GaryTJ said:
I got my complete system at Rockstomper.com and it has an 1.5" ram and works very well.
No surprises and the box was easy to do.
That is where I got mine too, comes with 1.5x8x3/4" ram,hoses mounting hardware. The box is pretty easy to tap. Mine is a little slow, I probably need a higher output p.s pump.

XJOE said:
That is where I got mine too, comes with 1.5x8x3/4" ram,hoses mounting hardware. The box is pretty easy to tap. Mine is a little slow, I probably need a higher output p.s pump.

Mine's slow too, but I love it.

4xMike said:
I paid the same there, it was Western Hydraulics. I didn't have any issues with the guy working there. I thought the price was fair, but I dunno much about hydro stuff.

I used the Rocklogic Ram on my truck, their ram seems pretty good and works well.

Western fluid products. They are doing mine Monday, I got a hook up there and its 1/4 mile from work...:cheer:

I run the surpluscenter.com ram on my bronco, had to cut and weld on ends, but it works good. 1.5" x 8 stroke

Bunk said:
Western fluid products. They are doing mine Monday, I got a hook up there and its 1/4 mile from work...:cheer:

They have always taken carre of me and I think they enjoy to hear what exactly we are using the stuff for :cool:

Latest posts