• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I bent my rod today !

Make sure you rip it apart before buying parts. You will most likely need a shaft, seal kit and the alum supprt dealie thats on the bttom of the shock body.

I say flex it out and look for tell tale signs.

So all of you links are straight and true? You didnt catch that wheel/tire on anything? Rear end roll "pinion angle change" Loose link at the Y on the top of the housing. It might be just me but look at your lower shock mount, are your mis-alignment spacers still in there. It dosent look like it in the pic if there not it took some force to make them leave. Im just throwing out ideas from what I see. Personaly I think you took it off too many sweet jumps.

Last edited:
So all of you links are straight and true? You didnt catch that wheel/tire on anything? Rear end roll "pinion angle change" Loose link at the Y on the top of the housing. It might be just me but look at your lower shock mount, are your mis-alignment spacers still in there. It dosent look like it in the pic if there not it took some force to make them leave. Im just throwing out ideas from what I see. Personaly I think you took it off too many sweet jumps.

The pinoin angle is the same. Links and heims are good straight and tight . Mis-alingment spacers are all there and good. The shock tube (body) is straight .

Maybe it was like that when you bought it? and redoing the rear tube you disposed of the evidence? It's pretty strange. I second flexing it out and seeing if you notice anything before throwning any $$ at it.

The pinoin angle is the same. Links and heims are good straight and tight . Mis-alingment spacers are all there and good. The shock tube (body) is straight .

I still think something got wedged--only thing that explains it. I have seen it happen in simular scenarios and leave little evidence behind...

I bet his shock alignment VS suspension movement is off. he is binding his upper and lower heims (on the shock) at full droop. the shock has no support at full extension and bends easly. look at the top of your shocks. see if the shock tabs have been digging into the shock. your shock mounting method is way off. tho cycle is forward to back is most movement at the axle it is side to side. there was a reason we did our shock mounts the way we did and the direction that the bolts go so it works in unison with the suspension and heims.

I bet his shock alignment VS suspension movement is off. he is binding his upper and lower heims (on the shock) at full droop. the shock has no support at full extension and bends easly. look at the top of your shocks. see if the shock tabs have been digging into the shock. your shock mounting method is way off. tho cycle is forward to back is most movement at the axle it is side to side. there was a reason we did our shock mounts the way we did and the direction that the bolts go so it works in unison with the suspension and heims.

Wouldn't it bend near the top of the shaft if that was the case jason? Unless it was VERY bound up on the lower hiem--that would make some sense--and you might see the marks on the shock around hiem if that was the case...

here's where you're bent one is contacting probably causing it to bend once it's bound. notice the non bent one has little to no mark in comparison.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Clark--those marks could be from the shock turning--mine got that same mark. Now if there was alot of axle steer when drooped--then yes that could be a possablilty. But it would have to be alot...