• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I think I killed it

TacOffRd

I was playing with my Nylint yesterday around some water (read: a river), not a good idea by the way. Anyway, I was trying to sidehill, it did a wheel stand, then proceeded to roll 3 times and land on its tires in the river. The main circuits didn't get but maybe one drop of water on them, but the axles were full of water. I let it dry out for a couple hours and flipped on the power. It is sending power when I turn it on because you can hear it, but the axles no turny. Is it possible they might still dry out and work, or is it dead forever? Good thing I'm picking up a Clod next week though. :D

that's the best you can do is let it dry out. I would of waited until the next day. I might have some parts for ya. See what you need and let me know.

you might have just burned out the high/low gear switch in the front box.

Thanks weird. My nephew and I have had our wallycrawlers in water up to the mid tires and ours still run. The belts are all mucked up but thats about it.

Mike

Well, I just got back from camping and it works pretty good again. Still has high and low range. We'll see if it holds up. :clappy:

Played with it again yesterday, and the high range went out in it. When I flip it to high range, it goes like it is in low range, but will not run continuously. Oh well, at least I still have low range, and the Clod gets here Friday. :clappy:

smr4runner said:
Very cool Brent. Make sure to post pics.

Mike
The sucky thing is, I don't know if UPS will get here before I leave for Seattle, so I might not get it until Monday. I will be sure to post some pics though.

smr4runner said:
Are you going to try to make it to comp on Sat?

Mike
I wish I could, but I will be at Qwest Field on Saturday for my sister's college graduation.

PS-The Clod came today, I'm typing that thread right now. :clappy:

TacOffRd said:
I wish I could, but I will be at Qwest Field on Saturday for my sister's college graduation.

PS-The Clod came today, I'm typing that thread right now. :clappy:

Thats funny. The party I have to attend later Sat is a combo of graduations and birthdays. My nieces graduation from SEA U will be at Qwest Field on Sunday.

smr4runner said:
Thats funny. The party I have to attend later Sat is a combo of graduations and birthdays. My nieces graduation from SEA U will be at Qwest Field on Sunday.
Right on...My sister is graduation from Seattle Pacific.