• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I think they did it wrong.

nickb

-I didn't see a ghetto/hack job thread-

Headed out to take a look at a truck We may do some work on. Guy opens his shop for us and We both have seen the truck on Facebook and such... never saw any close up pictures.

Truck is a tacoma, sas and 4 linked in the front... with stock Tacoma struts. Upside down Toyota housing under the front.

20130619_190205_zpsb523fd96.jpg

20130619_190213_zps48e69098.jpg

20130619_190225_zpsc6b67f46.jpg

maybe its because i havent had my red bull this am. but besides the struts and steering. if you cut and rotated the balls what is the issue?

Yep, cuz before trail gear and hysteer, NOBODY ever wheeled a built toyota. :rolleyes:

I see a little ghetto, but more cheap than ghetto.

Lets see your first rig? :corn:

I don't think cut and rolled the balls.

And my first rig is the one I have now.

Last edited:
I don't think cut and rolled the balls.

And my first rig is the one I have now.

If the balls havent been rotated then how the **** did the kingpin angle magicly get put in the right orientation?

The knuckles would be upside down if they didnt. Ya cant just flip a toy axle over and think them knuckles would look like they do in your pics.

If you dont know what your looking at, are you sure your qualified to FIX this?

I see, I didn't think about that... i dont have years of experience with toyotas. But yes I'm sure I'm qualified to fix it.

The guy is real up in the air on what he wants. He has a set of 60's, he wouldn't mind running all Toyota stuff . The only thing he for sure wants in the front end doved and the truck on the trail.

without knowing numbers on 4 link. i would say a quality high steer with RA and good shocks that set up would work fine. kind of sounds like you are just trying to make more money than is needed off of someone who might not know enough. or maybe you do not know either...

The 3rd is flipped. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off the guy, and he knows plenty about what I will be doing. We just have to figure out what he wants.

If its flipped isn't it going to turn backwards?

Might as well toss that front toy housing unless you can turn the 3rd member 180 degrees..
You can flip the 3rd member over and it will mount up just fine and run the correct direction. Tacoma SAS guys have done it before plenty of times instead of swapping t-cases, using custom housings, etc. No need to toss it, if he isn't going to use it, sell it to someone with a Tacoma that wants a way to do a cheap SAS.

In my opinion, it's just not what we are "used to seeing".

~T.J.

Last edited: