• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ideas on where to buy trail armor skids for ranger crew

NP

Any ideas on the best, most economical place to purchase trail armor skid plate and mud guards from?

jeff150 said:
I saw this on craigslist the other day. Have no idea if it is a deal or not but it looked pretty cheap to me?
http://huntsville.craigslist.org/snw/5513261165.html

Haha that's one of my buddies! He cuts those and sells em. I bought a skid from him the other day for my Ranger! 11 or 12 gauge steel, can't remember. It is plenty thick enough to do the job! It doesn't come all the way out to the sides, but purchasing Ricochet aluminum rock sliders will fix that. Two of my buddies are running his skid and the Ricochet sliders. I haven't got around to buying the sliders and I wish I had've, because I fawked my plastic rockers all to hell a couple weekends ago. I think he sells the skid for the crew for $300.

Will post pics of my skid.

9913a01ceb5729ac1c67bf31ae36c996.jpg

f1f52e026689c3c337b2564f7d1cfbc4.jpg

Re:

That metal skid - $200, Ricochet sliders - $170, so $370. Most skid kits from everywhere else are $700 or $800....and they are higher for the crew models!

Bought a set of the trail armor skids today from side by side stuff. Com.
They were $59.00 cheaper shipped than direct from trail armor. I would assume it's got to be easier for them to let there dealers do the selling to the general public and drop ship through there whare house. Thanks again for the responses.

factory utv makes some nice ones too. I was going to go up to trail armor and pick up a set but they wouldn't come off the price at all from the shipped price and i was going to pick them up molaugh