• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ranger turf delete

Sorry your thread went to **** Nate. The ****ing kiddies have to have their fun. I think you'll be alright with the Ranger purchase, the 900's are solid machines. Good luck man!

Thank you Tapatalk for bringing me to the SxS part of HL. I think the OP question has been answered reasonably well so I invite BDrake, Kevin and JD to keep it up. Sure made this mornings poop a little more entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your gonna blow up turf mode if you beat on it with decent tires. It doesnt matter if its "locked" or open. I had a friend grenade his at mmorv a couple weeks ago, and another friend eventually swapped to a high lifter RZR trans in his general after his grenaded.

TacomaJD said:
I've read of it blowing up in some but don't know anyone personally that's ever had any problems. How many hours/miles on the 13 you are buying? I never used turf mode in mine, always just left it in either 2wd or 4wd. Not 100% sure how it works, but my thinking was that it can't fawk up turf mode if its never switched to it? Could be wrong there. I'd think if it works fine now, just run it in 2wd or 4wd and don't worry about it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Incorrect. Turf mode blowing up has nothing to do with it being engaged or disengaged.

If you do larger/aggressive tires and like to wheel hard, do yourself a favor and delete it now. If you are staying in stock tires and using it around the farm, keep turf mode.

IF you are going to bigger tires, While you are in the trans deleting it, go ahead and do gear reduction, double reverse chain, and HD pinion plate.

leeman1790 said:
Your gonna blow up turf mode if you beat on it with decent tires. It doesnt matter if its "locked" or open. I had a friend grenade his at mmorv a couple weeks ago, and another friend eventually swapped to a high lifter RZR trans in his general after his grenaded.

I am the one with the general. I've blown the trans twice, once for turf mode and once for reverse chain. Both times replaced under warranty. I have a rzr highlifter transmission in it now and so far so good.

I have a ranger 900xp 2014 with 900 miles on it and it's fine and will haul the load when needed in turf mode
60640ab567e767fe7f2449533a10e2f0.jpg
750f5131d3c01619595562076a86c96e.jpg

On 30" Rocktane's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a way for me to install turf mode with welded diffs on my cheroturd? The only wheelin I do anymore is driving the boy around my yard. Selectable electromagnetic welded diffs?

The Luke said:
Is there a way for me to install turf mode with welded diffs on my cheroturd? The only wheelin I do anymore is driving the boy around my yard. Selectable electromagnetic welded diffs?

dremel tool

Latest posts