• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

If it broke, it was due for an upgrade anyways, right?

Avanteone

Time for a couple of DirtyMax upgrades. HEHEHE

053.jpg

054.jpg

New gaskets with ARP Studs going in next. :redneck:

Where's the second turbo? :redneck:

I have a good way of finding the problem. Hammer on it till it blows, then upgrade it :awesomework:. I hate problem solving...

Don't forget to use gloves and dip the studs in oil! I learned the hard way that instructions don't show everything you need to know.. :booo:

what kind of chit you got now to blow head gaskets? them thingys hold up perdy good, at least I been told?

What kind of boost were you pushing?

I peg my 35psi gauge on my stock heads/bolts/gaskets and have had no problems, yet.

I know I am pushing it though:redneck:

Mine is an '05 LLY.:awesomework:

Where is the bigger turbo while you are there?

What kind of boost were you pushing?

I peg my 35psi gauge on my stock heads/bolts/gaskets and have had no problems, yet.

I know I am pushing it though:redneck:

Mine is an '05 LLY.:awesomework:

Where is the bigger turbo while you are there?

It's not just psi, timing bumps up cylinder pressures and aids in the problem. Depends on what kind of programmer/tuner he is running. I ran 45 psi and just slightly more then stock timing on my Dodge for years. Dmax's have better gaskets because of the two different metals.

please DON'T turn this thread into another abortion like that lamar guy did to mine, with all the way to high tech **** arguing with joshwho:puke: both smart dudes I may add :kiss::kiss:

Dmax's don't like much more than 40psi period on stock heads.

I fully understand timing but with a stock turbo on his truck (I believe his is an '05) you are real hard pressed to get passed 30psi until you add more parts to the stock setup.

please DON'T turn this thread into another abortion like that lamar guy did to mine, with all the way to high tech **** arguing with joshwho:puke: both smart dudes I may add :kiss::kiss:

No arguing here, I think we're all just surprised that his head gaskets blew.

It's running like 27psi of boost max, and a full custom PCM tune from DuramaxTuner, which like Jeff says, adds timing and changes a bunch of other stuff too. I was kinda surprised they blew too, as it's a fairly mild tune, but I DO drive like an asshole. Upgrade now and I don't have to worry about it while towing to Moab, races all over the Nevada desert, and Baja. :D