• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

If you wanna build a BULLY MOA

The voltage output will depend on what servo you run and the specs on that servo. My servos are rated at a max of 7volts so I programmed my BEC to be at 7 volts. As for running that thru the reciever--I never run the bec output voltage thru a reciever. Some recievers cannot handle the load and can easily create glitching issues.

So I am a little confused then.

Current set up

Battery ----> speed control------> Reciever-----> servo

What should it be?

Battery ----> BEC------->servo? How do I control the servo?
Battery----->BEC------->reciver?------->servo? is this what you are saying you never do?

I am running a JR servo so I would guess 7 volts max :mad: do you have the magic programing thingy? hows it work?

Now I just need to get rid of the mech dig switch and I should be much better off.

Basicly---you wire the pos/neg of the BEC to your battery source. On the servo side you wanna do this.

I usually make a Y connector so you don't have to modify the servo connector. But baicaly for the servo the only wire you want to go to the servo is the white(or yellow). the red/black you want to go directly to the BEC. That will let you power your servo directly off the BEC and let the servo get the signal via the white(or yellow) wire.

What radio do you have? The reciever wiring is a little different for spektrum.

spektrum :redneck:

Basicly---you wire the pos/neg of the BEC to your battery source. On the servo side you wanna do this.

I usually make a Y connector so you don't have to modify the servo connector. But baicaly for the servo the only wire you want to go to the servo(reciever?) is the white(or yellow). the red/black you want to go directly to the BEC. That will let you power your servo directly off the BEC and let the servo get the signal via the white(or yellow) wire.

Ok so I need to get a few extentsions to cut up to make a wire harnes with the correct plugs.

Thanks crash!

I think I was thinking of the other type of install where you power the reciever with the bec, you have to do something special for the spektrum. Crash is the man :awesomework:

I was running 1 tooth difference cisco. I have since changed to equal pinions and I honestly don't see a difference. For testing reasons I would get an 11 and 13 so you have something to play with (diffs come with 12t pinions)

Ok so I have the BEC for the servo, should I also run my reciever off of the BEC?

The specktrum reciever gets power from the speed control, I am afraid that I am feeding it to much voltage at this point so I am wondering how I would go about using the BEC to feed the Servo and the reciever and only have the speed control get the full 3s lipo power?

so big question is am I nuts?

Thinking that the speed control only needs the signel wire from the reciever, so one of the 3 going to it? Can I do this?

Specs
Spektrum reciever
JR servo
Castle BEC
3s Lipo
Tekin FXR speed control
and a mechanical dig swith that may go away soon.

Here is how I do it and tell everybody else because I believe its the right way and has done me good.

Take the power wires to the bec and run them to battery source.

There are 2 ways to do the other side. I make a Y harness so I don't have to modify the wiring to the servo. But basicly what you need to do is have only one wire for the servo plugged into the reciever and thats the yellow(or white) signal wire. The power wires need to go directly to the bec. that way you can bump the voltage up on the bec all you want to and not worry about damaging anything.

Here is how I do it and tell everybody else because I believe its the right way and has done me good.

Take the power wires to the bec and run them to battery source.

There are 2 ways to do the other side. I make a Y harness so I don't have to modify the wiring to the servo. But basicly what you need to do is have only one wire for the servo plugged into the reciever and thats the yellow(or white) signal wire. The power wires need to go directly to the bec. that way you can bump the voltage up on the bec all you want to and not worry about damaging anything.

But what about the power going to the Reciever? It is back feed from the Speed control at this point. Can I use the BEC to power the reciever?

But what about the power going to the Reciever? It is back feed from the Speed control at this point. Can I use the BEC to power the reciever?

No--leave the ecs to power the reciever.

Here is a good example of how it should be done

BECwiringdiagram.jpg

No--leave the ecs to power the reciever.

Here is a good example of how it should be done

BECwiringdiagram.jpg

Sweet! thanks crash!

I guess I wont worry about the reciever getting to much voltage. That looks easy enough to do. Hope it all works out.....

Some recivers will flat our fry when above 5 volts. Better to be safer than sorry. I was told the one I am running could handle 7 volts. The problem I had was with the dig switch. It would get glitchy at the higher voltage.

But I went to the hobby store and got male/femail plugs(servo style) and some wire and a mini crimper. Just made a Y harness so I didn't have to modify the connector on the servo. Makes real nice in case I **** house a servo in a comp and I can quickly swap it out.

so back feeding the Reciever thru the Tekin fxr what voltage out am I feeding my reciever?

Running a 3s lipo?

SO is my reciever seeing somewhere close to 11.1 volts? This is the part I dont know?

so back feeding the Reciever thru the Tekin fxr what voltage out am I feeding my reciever?

Running a 3s lipo?

SO is my reciever seeing somewhere close to 11.1 volts? This is the part I dont know?

Noooo. The voltage comes into your fxr and there its cut down and sent to the reciever. You should never get any back feed

Noooo. The voltage comes into your fxr and there its cut down and sent to the reciever. You should never get any back feed

Ok, so what is it cut down to? any ideas? Originaly it was set up for 2s lipos is that a problem? I have changed the setings on the FXr to 3s

Ok, so what is it cut down to? any ideas? Originaly it was set up for 2s lipos is that a problem? I have changed the setings on the FXr to 3s

Your output voltage to the reciever will have no baring on what voltage of batteries you are running as the esc will keep that voltage to the reciever constant and safe.

Your output voltage to the reciever will have no baring on what voltage of batteries you are running as the esc will keep that voltage to the reciever constant and safe.

Very cool! thanks! thats what I needed to know. I guess the Tekin is smarter then I give it credit for.