• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ill try again.. LOL XRRA GRAYROCK RACERS

blacksheep10 said:
barely drop in anymore. My time on the interweb is mostly pirate replying to ORI threads and PM's, setting up shipments, looking for something I actually need to know, and that's about it.
Other than that, finishing a shop project and I'm so on the fence and torn as to whether to start my buggy build or build a house. Interest is too low to not build it, but with the new kid and a big house payment once its done, I won't be able to afford the buggy.
So I drop in here every 2 days to look at PM's.
No racing for 555 this year, except some go fast stuff in the flat and maybe a hill climb. LCQ next year. That's what I need my rear engine 2 seater for :-\
Miles is going to bama for the race, Wyatt and Kelly are not. Sucks. Real life and ****.
Hope to party in jellico once and make MM once this year.

Good to hear from you bud, I have missed you here. Can't miss Jellico, start planning that one NOW!!!!!!!

I talked to Keith, he DOES need help both days, he needs rigs to assist with recovery. Jrhall, I told Keith you could help both days (call him and confirm). Anyone that can help, contact Keith directly to get your name on the list. The ORC number is 841-2493. I told him I would help both days, but no rig, as the single seater does not have enough gravity to be effective.

I know it's not official, but there is a few other names missing from the racer's list on XRRA's website other than what I mentioned. Not that it means anything...but...

Called Keith to volunteer, I will be there with the Jeep by myself, so if someone wants to help and needs a seat to sit in, I have one open.

blacksheep10 said:
barely drop in anymore. My time on the interweb is mostly pirate replying to ORI threads and PM's, setting up shipments, looking for something I actually need to know, and that's about it.
Other than that, finishing a shop project and I'm so on the fence and torn as to whether to start my buggy build or build a house. Interest is too low to not build it, but with the new kid and a big house payment once its done, I won't be able to afford the buggy.
So I drop in here every 2 days to look at PM's.
No racing for 555 this year, except some go fast stuff in the flat and maybe a hill climb. LCQ next year. That's what I need my rear engine 2 seater for :-\
Miles is going to bama for the race, Wyatt and Kelly are not. Sucks. Real life and ****.
Hope to party in jellico once and make MM once this year.

House, family, then play... ask me how I know. thumb.gif You dont have the time or $$$ to race a single seater bro, Im not saying that to bag on you at all ( because I KNOW you make more annually then I do ) but with your schedule, shop ambitions, family, etc... you'll just frustrate yourself and spend way to much time and money. Slow build the rig you want... dont rush it to make this season or next ****, there will always be a race to go get involved in :dblthumb:

Just my .02 You do like me, get mission focused and do anything it takes to complete the mission. You've already invested alot of time , sweat and money into the land, the bldg and the plan. Stay focused and get that while interest rates are bottomed out and you can get it cheaper then you will ever have a chance to again in our lifetime..... depression's only come in cycles and if you got it during a depression your that much further ahead when the economy comes back around SON !! Plot your course you want a FT shop , you've spent the time in college , you've expanded and got the equipment , your right there dood get whats sitting there in front of you !!!! If you DONT want a FT shop and biz of your own. Hell build a buggy and go race laughing1

( Im not trying to be a **** at all, I just feel like over the years with the discussions we have had and the sacrifice's you've made that is more important then racing for you. I could be wrong if so Im sorry. )

* Got damn I de-railed the **** outta my own corrective thread ! * HAHAHAHAHA

yup. Prob no fulltime shop, but most of my time. I'm still going to finish out the 60x60. I have to work nightly. The race buggy would be for the 555 flag, with wyatt fronting most of the travel and fees, and me supplying the buggy and driving half/half. The interest on the homes is what's pulling me that way, other than that I'd wait a year. I doubt I'll ever be in the "enough money to easily build a buggy right now" category with all the parts I've got, but **** it, the rig can take 2 years, I'll do it right
btw, its a rear engine 2 seater ala woodlee. my lp front flipped for HP, lomax 205 and offset 14 rear. already have axles (need custom rear shafts) front is built to the hilt, Gen III motor, lomax enroute soon and trannies out the ass for it. 200' of 1026 DOM, and all of the blacksheep systems, along with tons of steering and other ****. It will be a $5K build now that I have all that ****, (borrowed tires/wheels) but I need to throw that coin at a house. we'll see. prob house

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I talked to Keith, he DOES need help both days, he needs rigs to assist with recovery. Jrhall, I told Keith you could help both days (call him and confirm). Anyone that can help, contact Keith directly to get your name on the list. The ORC number is 841-2493. I told him I would help both days, but no rig, as the single seater does not have enough gravity to be effective.

205 area code?

i will call him as soon as they open again.

Toddy said:
Does alot with his girls and they are doing more these days. Sold the buggy and taking some time off. This is allfrom what Droop told me.

Toddy

Thats cool, who ended up with his buggy?

Is there any trail riding allowed that weekend or is it just the race? i was thinking of coming but would like to bring the rig do some riding too if i can.

Cole said:
Thats cool, who ended up with his buggy?

It's been sold since early November. :****: He told all his friends he was getting out about mid-summer. Went to SEMA show and set up for Maxxis, and some dude made an offer nobody would refuse. He told the dude he had it committed to running the rest of the season including King of the Hammers. The dude was cool with it.

I think he picked it up less than week after we got back from KOH. Dude called Rusty a few days after he picked it up and said said he was spending 3 weeks in Moab with it, then taking a break. I forgot where he was from. He don't compete...just a regular dude who has never driven a buggy before, the way I understand it...but he just really liked it and wanted to get into hardcore wheelin.

Rusty got out of it before for a year. He didn't do anything in 2006 either. The wheel will keep spinning and he'll be back in 2010. He'll start off the summer with calling saying he found a cool Jeep for a trail rig that he's going to put 60's under and put an Atlas in it. Next thing you know he'll have a Jesse building him something else.

I think I will miss Grey Rock :'(

Like Kelly said......hope to see y'all at Jellico or the finals. I am more or less spending more time riding locally (bikes) and hit any events I can. Anything in Hannibal I will consider. I am headed there sometime this summer for a ride with friends....sucks, but $$ and time off is limited for me this year. :gay:

Bones said:
I think I will miss Grey Rock :'(

Like Kelly said......hope to see y'all at Jellico or the finals. I am more or less spending more time riding locally (bikes) and hit any events I can. Anything in Hannibal I will consider. I am headed there sometime this summer for a ride with friends....sucks, but $$ and time off is limited for me this year. :gay:

U need to meet me, my dad, Jrich, and whoever we can talk into going at Little Sturgis the 3rd weekend in July. Its a good time :****:

Greg Stone
Stone Cold Rock Racing
Sponsors....anyone interested?
Just trying to finish the race.

DSC04211.jpg

Latest posts