• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I'm not gonna lie

L

lowbudgetjunk

For the second time in 4 days, I've been reminded that I say some pretty stupid things without even thinking about it. Starting a sentence with "I'm not gonna lie" implies any other time you are speaking is possibly/probably a lie. It is on the TV, it is in my head and I hope to get it to quit coming out of my mouth. It really is just a small thing that most of us don't think about, but it does carry a lot of weight. I do not take credit for this idea, but I am most appreciative. I am in the process of moving in the right direction in life and this is just one more step in the right direction, I'm not gonna........exactly

This is now the Redneck version of the California Valley girl "I mean, like, totally awsome"

Sent using left thumb.

Here is one: Well, to be honest with you...

That must mean that everything you said earlier was a lie, right?

I like this quote from The Outlaw Josey Wales, "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining". Had to do it with all the ain't gonna lie ****.

I tell you what. I was a yankee. But yall southens made me talk this way. I blame the robbie bobbie threads.

Re:

I hate when someone responds to any statement with "for real". I know one dude you can tell him the truth like Obama is gonna be gone next year and his response is for real. Lol.

I was bad about " to tell you the truth " until my boss asked why I prefaced statements with that. My excuse was that I wasn't lying and I was speaking from the heart and thought that was the best way to get it across as the real truth.