• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Impact gun

mine lasted two months before the trigger broke. i have a craftsman now and its twice as powerful.

All my air tools are ingersoll-rand, except my die-grinder thats craftsman. Never had a problem with IR tools. Had mine for years and they have been abused in a shop for years. Trouble free tools are worth the extra $$$

electric tools are very weak :puke: I guess they can have their uses if you dont have the room to run air. But air is way more powerfull and more reliable.

I bought a air tool kit from harbor freight but i new it wouldnt last....it was on sale at the time so i got the 1 year warranty that covers it if you drop it and it breaks so i figured whenever it fails i would just go get a new one for free:D

My gleaming HF central pneumatic turd has lasted 6 years now... But I'm not a production mechanic either...

I wanna get an 18V cordless for those junyard teardowns.

Lincolnlock said:
I like my new Composite Snapon gun. It's the only 1/2 inch gun I've used that will torque a crush sleeve.

Both my CP's will crush the short ones but not the toy ones--use my torque multiplier for that...

re

I got a snap on im 6100, bought it about 4 years ago, no problems but there weak, we had a guy buy the new composite and he returned it, not enough power and we run at 150psi. In my opinion the best gun for the money is IR titanium

And the new series of 3/8" impacts that snap on has kick some ass.

As far as buying tools---- quality ...................

War-Jeeper said:
Well after that comment....anyone know where i can get a snap-on 1/2" impact for 50 bucks:D
No, but you can score good used IR 231's for about that all day long. Hit your local pawn shops.

There are more powerful guns out there, but the 231 is hands down THE best bang for the buck and it's a damn good gun.

CrustyJeep said:
Yep, the only name in air tools you ever need to know :D

Okee dokee just makin sure, i think i might go look at some close pawn shops tomorow and see what i come up with

I'll second the vote for an IR air impact gun.

Took off all 6 of my rusty belly pan bolts off in about 30 seconds..

The cheapy schucks/harbor frieght ones I've had and they are ok to take on the trail with ya and bang it around and use it to change tires/etc if ya got OBA..

I wouldn't want to take a nice IR on the trail.. but that's just me

Latest posts