• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Inboarded body posts

Myke J

So I was sitting around watching the NCAA games and was kind of bored so I decided to take apart the diffs on my Axial. I cleaned them up and checked the lockers since I've heard about quite a few of them wearing out. Everything looked good so I greased it up and put it all back together.

Then I was looking at the body posts and really didn't like how they stuck out the sides. They were always getting hung up on things. I started thinking, "I inboarded my lower links so that they wouldn't get hung up on stuff, why not do the same thing with the body posts". I'd seen something like this done before on RCCRAWLER.COM and it turned out to be pretty easy with the Pro-Line Rockstar body that I'm using right now. I drilled holes down through the bars that the stock battery tray sit on and mounted the posts on them. I drilled a few extra body clip holes in the posts to get the body to sit as low as possible without hitting anything. It sits 1/4" farther back, 1/4" higher front, 3/8" higher rear then it did with the side mounts but this body is so light it's not going to make a noticable difference. At full stuff it's about 1/8" from hitting the servo and the tires don't rub at any point. The sides are nice and clean with nothing to hang up on. Now I wish I had of thought of this before I painted this body so there wasn't holes in the sides too.

Front posts top
DSCN0699.jpg

Front posts bottom
DSCN0701.jpg

Rear post top
DSCN0698.jpg

Rear Posts bottom
DSCN0700.jpg

Some pics of the posts without the body on
DSCN0702.jpg

DSCN0703.jpg

How I mounted the posts
DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

Looks good! With my rebuild I am either going to do that or I might do the velcro trick. The stock mounting points just let you catch way too much stuff

LOL, I just noticed the dog hair on the shocks in the last 2 pics. I was "stacking rocks" in the living room and used the dog's bed to crawl onto the couch :D