• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Injuries?

ForMud

What's the worst you've had?
Just heard from a customer, one of the foreman got both his legs crushed while demoing a bridge. Might lose one of them.

It got me thinking. Back in 97 I got run over ( More like parked on ) by 35' boat on a tri axle trailer in a DMV parking lot while I was getting my bike tagged. Crushed my left leg below the knee but above the foot ( Broke my right ankle too ) The shattered bones part weren't the bad part, it was the mussels, nerves and blood vessels in my lower leg were crushed and thigh mussels were torn in two. They were only giving me a 10% chance of keeping the leg ( Mostly because of infection ) and talking about removing it just below the hip.
Anyway, three operation, 550 staples and stitches, a bunch of skin grafts later I still had it.
Spent 3-1/2 weeks in the hospital, a couple of months in a hospital bed at home and a year off work...I walk with a limp, can't bend my knee much and can't feel my lower leg.

I know a guy who lost his leg in a motorcycle accident.....

But the worst I've had is a piece of metal in my eye. Doc dug it out with a needle. I tried everything even a huge speaker magnet to get it out. He said it was starting to rust and it was a good thing I came in when I did.

Also got burnt from slag nasty wound. Figured I'd care for it my self after 3 or 4 days my arm was red in a 4x4 square and was hot as hell, called a nurse buddy and he said ah man a little red is normal. My wife said send him a pic. So I did he seen the pic and go to the hospital asap. It was infected and nurse said I was really close to blood poisoning. To this day I have to hear my wife say you should have listened to me.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ranger11 said:
Also got burnt from slag nasty wound. Figured I'd care for it my self after 3 or 4 days my arm was red in a 4x4 square and was hot as hell, called a nurse buddy and he said ah man a little red is normal. My wife said send him a pic. So I did he seen the pic and go to the hospital asap. It was infected and nurse said I was really close to blood poisoning. To this day I have to hear my wife say you should have listened to me.

I've had my pride injured pretty good as well, probably hurts more than most other things .

When I was younger had my left ankle crush in 12 peaces and right leg broke in 6 at the same time. About 7 surgery along the way Was in a wheelchair from age 16 till 18 and crutches 2 years after that

I blew up a air compressor. Took bout 6 months and skin graf to get over that. There is still a big fuked up spot in my leg from it. And that was 5 years ago

About 15 years ago I was cutting a tree down in the back yard. I was up a ladder about 15' cutting a branch about 10" diameter. My wife and daughter were pulling the branch so that it would not hit the garage. When I was about half way through the branch it snapped and the trunk of the moved win it snap and through me and the ladder to the ground. I remember throwing the ladder and trying to grab the tree. I landed on my left hand. It shatter my left wrist. $ operations later, I have a piece of correl and a piece of my hip in my wrist, puss 2 plates and 6 screws that look like lag screws. I can only bend my left wrist about 1" up now. and I can tell when the weather going to change. a year off work.

And not today I am battling a cyst in the back of my skull. One wall of the cyst is attach to my brain stem so they can not remove it. I have had to brain operation now where they have gone in to try and ventilate so spindle fluid will flow threw it. Last one this past august. I go back right before Xmas for a serious of mri's to see how it is doing.
The cyst affects the movement in left eye (causing double vision when I get tired)
balance and endurance. I get tired easily now. They think it is because me getting double vision and my brain trying to straighten it out.
I cant work any more.
But I can still wheel. But only in little increments.

Re: Re: Injuries?

jeeppoor said:
About 15 years ago I was cutting a tree down in the back yard. I was up a ladder about 15' cutting a branch about 10" diameter. My wife and daughter were pulling the branch so that it would not hit the garage. When I was about half way through the branch it snapped and the trunk of the moved win it snap and through me and the ladder to the ground. I remember throwing the ladder and trying to grab the tree. I landed on my left hand. It shatter my left wrist. $ operations later, I have a piece of correl and a piece of my hip in my wrist, puss 2 plates and 6 screws that look like lag screws. I can only bend my left wrist about 1" up now. and I can tell when the weather going to change. a year off work.

And not today I am battling a cyst in the back of my skull. One wall of the cyst is attach to my brain stem so they can not remove it. I have had to brain operation now where they have gone in to try and ventilate so spindle fluid will flow threw it. Last one this past august. I go back right before Xmas for a serious of mri's to see how it is doing.
The cyst affects the movement in left eye (causing double vision when I get tired)
balance and endurance. I get tired easily now. They think it is because me getting double vision and my brain trying to straighten it out.
I cant work any more.
But I can still wheel. But only in little increments.
I sure hope I'm as mobile and good-willed as you are in my coming years... It's always good to see you and the family, man.

I like how you don't let those stickies and big block horsepower spoil you too much and let me tag along when you come down for a visit!

I cut my guts out with an angle grinder in college on accident

Also broke my back, right knee is destroyed, left elbow is destroyed, then the standard mixture of broken arms, a foot, bunch of fingers, collar bone.... Not all at the same time of course...that would be shitty laughing1

Hemorrhoid when I was trying to force a 4 day old **** out.... :****:

Gallbladder ruptured when i was in college, while on a family vacation in Michigan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA

Prolly coulda used that on the trail when stackin' rocks! LOL

giphy.gif

Re: Re: Injuries?

tonybolton said:
I sure hope I'm as mobile and good-willed as you are in my coming years... It's always good to see you and the family, man.

I like how you don't let those stickies and big block horsepower spoil you too much and let me tag along when you come down for a visit!
We both look forward to wheeling with you. and you letting us take the gravel roads and meet you when you come out of the ruff parts of the trails.
Yea big block 4.0 in-line 6 and 6 year old pit bull tires.

Looking forward to coming back down the first weekend in May and wheeling with you and who ever else shows up. I think we scared the last group that I talked into coming this year. :wtflol: So we probably will be coming by our self. :dunno:

Back when I used to drink a few too many PBRs from time to time I did this, broke my arm, and had a pretty bad concussion. Wish they had got a better picture of how bad my head was swollen and disfigured because I was all fawked up.
005d995a4e2c611fa9a7c04227a0fc5b.jpg
bdd6be684d13a0ee3528f0af64b9ba3b.jpg
8eac8993f4941cc90aa4fbadd842083a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk