• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Input on a cheap starter crawler

PaulSac

So I have brought my son out to a few of the crawl comps and he loves to watch them. Now I asked him what he wanted for xmas and he said a RC crawler. He's only 5 so I would like to start him out with just a cheap one. Has anyone messed around with any under $100 ones and think they are decent? Recomendations?

First one i got a 5 year old was a RTR Axiel.. and did some mods.. 325.00 i think

Then i got him a completly set up crawler about 800.00 worth of crap on that one... And it did better and was more durable..

Get what u pay for. Never messed with the real cheep ones myself..
Let us know what you get!

I would go with an ready to run AX10, fairly affordable and an unlimited aftermarket. Keep an eye on here and WARCRC for used ones, you can find some pretty cheap ones used ones a lot of the time.

You can pick up a Losi MRC for pretty cheap also.

losi mrc is about as cheap but somewhat capable as it gets. easily converted to a 1.9 comp crawler class rig and perfect for the beginner. just dont get big tires for it and it will hold up for a while.

losi mrc is about as cheap but somewhat capable as it gets. easily converted to a 1.9 comp crawler class rig and perfect for the beginner. just dont get big tires for it and it will hold up for a while.

X2 on the MRC. The MRC Pro Roller is a comp ready kit basically without electronics, u could get a mamba micro pro & insane 370 for prob around 80 and then the hitec 645 servo for I think like 35, this would be a great starter rig

I guess I could splurge for something like an Axial RTR and then if he doesnt play with it I'll have a crawler :)

I personally would get a dingo kit or a rtr honcho for a kid and play with it. they crawl pretty damn good and are going pretty cheap on c/l or rcc for sale section. tons of fun and cheap to upgrade. it is a scaler not a comp crawler though. im deep into the scalers and love it. i had an ax10 and got bored quick. I like the realism of the scaler. the dingo is a nice wheelbase and fits a hilux cab and bed real easy where as a honcho comes with decent esc and radio now, just needs a 35t integy(or whatever brand) and 14t pinion to be very control:awesomework:able and capable. the flat irons are still one of the best scale tires made.