• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Installing 4:1 t-case gears

JThompson

Who has done this? I understand there are certain things, like clearancing the case/shiftrails?, and other instructions I will no doubt understand. But, with me not having a ton of money to mess with a lot right now, the main reason I am not wanting to go dual case, should I rebuild the case at the same time? Or should I just run it as-is until I can afford to go dual (2-3 years)?

As far as I know, my case is in *decent* shape. 194k, not any noticable noises, no leaks...

Also, I am actually looking at 4.7:1 gearsets

Last edited:
I have done a few--and not too hard...... You have to clearnce the bottom of the case and one of the shift rails.

this is a very simple task. all you really need is a die grinder and some basic hand tools, i have set up quite a few sets of single and dual cases, you can get 4.7 gears from marlin or trail gear. what transimission are you running?

I currently have the W56, and would like it to stay that way. I am less concerned with the installation of the kit, than I am with REBUILDING the case. I wonder if this should be a no-brainer since I am tearing it apart anyway, or leave it as is until I go dual-case... I am not at all made of money right now.

trail gear has some good instructions on there web site on doing 4.7 transfer case gears that what i used.... actually pretty easy..also did the major case rebuild also...:awesomework: