• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Insulated main junction stud?!?

charliesnyder

Alrighty. I've googled the hell out of this and am unable to find anything local that I can go in and purchase.

I am moving my battery to the back of my truck and am looking for an insulated stud to mount in the engine bay of my truck to run power to and from. Similar to what Crash uses here.

boosted39.jpg

I have found a few Bussman brand that have a 3/8" stud online but can't find anything local. All the wiring places I've found want almost double prices just to ship the part!

Anyone know anywhere local that I can get something similar to this?

I have a few that I use. The one in the pic is 1/2" stud and I have a few others that are 3/8 stud.

As for local you might find something at napa but ll my product is purchased via online.

i have ordered mine from waytek supply in the past....

these are only the 3/8" stud but rated for 250 amp...

and they come in black or red...

Black terminal

Red terminal

these are pretty cheap, under $4 each (minimum order of 2)

I usually buy them when I order other supplies...

:awesomework:

but there are tons of them out there on the net, even the 1/2" studs...

but i am sure that you found them through google...

:D

Fisheries Supply in Seattle has the best selection of wiring dodads. Marine has all the good stuff when it comes to wiring.

Just get a cuttoff switch and use that as a on/off and terminal tap.

Get 3/8. 1/2 is a big hole and will need a BIG ring terminal. If you decide to tap a smaller wire later it will be easier to find 3/8 terminals.

Just get a cuttoff switch and use that as a on/off and terminal tap.

Get 3/8. 1/2 is a big hole and will need a BIG ring terminal. If you decide to tap a smaller wire later it will be easier to find 3/8 terminals.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a 3/8.

Go to your local West Marine, or similar boat shop. That is where I got mine.

I'm going to run down there today and see what they got. The closest one to me is Fife. Thank god I'm on vacation!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a 3/8.

I'm going to run down there today and see what they got. The closest one to me is Fife. Thank god I'm on vacation!

maybe also check by the Hanger Inn. The store across the lot from the hangers front door is a aviation supply parts house.

Honestly I would hit harbor freight. They used to have a shitty cuttoff switch, but have replaced it with a nicer more expensive unit.

I run one in my rig and it works great. Put them in other rigs also.

Just picked up a 3/8" shafted insulated stud from West Marine for under $15... Not too bad and local so I got that covered. Now I just need to get a new battery and get to wiring!

Just picked up a 3/8" shafted insulated stud from West Marine for under $15... Not too bad and local so I got that covered. Now I just need to get a new battery and get to wiring!

I have lots of 4g battery cable if you need it. Red Black Blue. All new stuff.

I have an expensive compression crimper for batt lugs also. I have lots of sizes of lugs also.

Let me know if yo need cables. I make lots of batt cables and winch box extentions.

I use 0 gauge welding wire for my battery and winch conections. But I know brad has the hook up, cus I think I have some of the same stuff he has too!:redneck:

I thought you Eatonville foke called Fife "The Big City" WoW times are achangin :haha:

I'll let you know if I need anything Brad. I picked up some 2 guage for the main cable as well as some 4 guage for grounds and a few other things.