• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Insurance

RockHales

So I bought a 2015 RZR for some reasons I haven't figured out yet and honeslty never checked on insurance before buying ASSuming it would be peanuts per month. Well how the hell I was wrong!! progressive hit me with over $1700 per year :****: What are some places you guys are using and some ball park prices cause I know dam well this price can't be the norm.

Re: Insurance

I use my State Farm agent. About $30 a month

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!

Just looked at my policy on progressive, $451/year for my '14 1k with accessory coverage and 12 900xp with accessory coverage. 37/mo for both machines.
That's comp and collision with $250 deductible on both. I've had progressive on sxs since fall '10. I've had my vehicles there since 03

blacksheep10 said:
Dummy :gtfo:
I just wrote another rzr a couple weeks ago. Progressive. He got 15K and it didn't total. His accessory coverage kept him above. I then bought it for 8k.

I ain't totalling mine Lol, my only worries is it getting stolen, but I take precautions to prevent that. I've been meaning to go check on insurance, just had too much going on. It's not an immediate necessity, so I haven't moved it up the priority list yet.

TacomaJD said:
I ain't totalling mine Lol, my only worries is it getting stolen, but I take precautions to prevent that. I've been meaning to go check on insurance, just had too much going on. It's not an immediate necessity, so I haven't moved it up the priority list yet.

I usually wouldn't worry but **** SxS are hot as heck right now and scum looks to steal all the time. Good friend of mine thought the same thing. He lives off the road a ways and had his locked up in a side shed of the shop. Scum broke in and stole it...no insurnace. he lost a shitpot full of money in a instant and couldnt do anything but be pissed off :****:

jimbo0076 said:
I usually wouldn't worry but **** SxS are hot as heck right now and scum looks to steal all the time. Good friend of mine thought the same thing. He lives off the road a ways and had his locked up in a side shed of the shop. Scum broke in and stole it...no insurnace. he lost a shitpot full of money in a instant and couldnt do anything but be pissed off :****:

Plus, without liability insurance, your life could change in an instant.

JohnG said:
Plus, without liability insurance, your life could change in an instant.

The most true statement ever!! Insurance blows to pay for since you rarely use it but it's worth 1000x more when you need it.

pholmann said:
The most true statement ever!! Insurance blows to pay for since you rarely use it but it's worth 1000x more when you need it.

Yep, I'm insurance poor.....if I didn't pay so much out every month for insurance I could afford to build a badass trail rig :****:

But it sure was nice a couple of years ago when my 03 Cummins caught on fire and the insurance company paid it off and cut me a check for $4k. I was very thankful for insurance at that point.

RockHales said:
well since my post I had to make a claim and I'm here to tell you they bring the sux!!! I'll post up more details after the settlement ,anyone thinkning of using Markel beware.

No way I would trust a company like that to have my back. Just like The General, there is a reason they offer such cheap rates - their coverage sucks ass hairs. Stick with a renowned insurance company that has an agency within driving distance so you can go in and bust heads if they ain't doing you right, instead of fawking with some broken-english speaking douche on the phone if you have to initiate a claim.

TacomaJD said:
No way I would trust a company like that to have my back. Just like The General, there is a reason they offer such cheap rates - their coverage sucks ass hairs. Stick with a renowned insurance company that has an agency within driving distance so you can go in and bust heads if they ain't doing you right, instead of fawking with some broken-english speaking douche on the phone if you have to initiate a claim.
Yes, to a degree. Lots of guys here are progressive direct, meaning no local agent. I've never seen anyone get jerked around. They want happy customers, and do a lot to make sure that happens.

RockHales said:
well since my post I had to make a claim and I'm here to tell you they bring the sux!!! I'll post up more details after the settlement ,anyone thinkning of using Markel beware.

Damn that sux, time to find someone else!