• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Insurance...

Draco

Who ya'll using? I've got all my **** through Allstate and they quoted $650/yr. for 20k in coverage. Seems high, never insured one though.

I have all my stuff with Shelter Insurance. It cost me $230 a year to cover my 2012 rzr S. That is just the side by side. If you get accidential death and add liability coverage it will really raise the rate. If I insure it for the road I will change it to liability coverage at that time.

I work with insurance companies in my line of work and Allstate is by far the worst company to do work for. The past 2 jobs I did, Allstate lowballed the homeowner with estimate's totalling around $60,000 each. One of the jobs ended up costing $243,000, and the other one ended up being $145,000. Both homeowners ended up filling suits against them. Just my 2 cents.

jcorlew24 said:
I have all my stuff with Shelter Insurance.

I work with insurance companies in my line of work and Allstate is by far the worst company to do work for. The past 2 jobs I did, Allstate lowballed the homeowner with estimate's totalling around $60,000 each. One of the jobs ended up costing $243,000, and the other one ended up being $145,000. Both homeowners ended up filling suits against them. Just my 2 cents.

They don't cover Alabama according to their website. :wtflol:

I been looking to drop Allstate for a while. I just hate shopping for insurance. :puke:

wngrog said:
What exactly are you insuring it against? Collision? Theft?

If my shop burns down, it's stolen or I roll it off a mountain, I want it covered....So, yes.

Call Progressive and talk to them. I have all of my vehicles with them and have for about 20 years. Have had 4 wheeler's, boats and even my big trucks insured with them. They don't beat you around about paying claims. I have had them come to my house and write adjustments and write a check on the spot. When I wrecked my Peterbilt it cost about 5k over the adjustment. I called the adjuster faxed him the receipts and he mailed me a check that day. They also have agreed and/or stated value coverage which is great.

I have progressive on mine too. Which is retarded since it's blown the fawk up....still ::)

$58 a month written up as motorcycle insurance, listed as offroad use only. (And yes they have the vin# so they should know it's not a motorcycle.)

Liability Bodily $250,000 each person/$500,000 each accident
Property $100,000 each accident

Uninsured motorist $250,000each person/ $500,000 each accident

Medical $5000 each person

$250 deductable for comprehensive and collision

Accessory coverage $3000

And it even comes with roadside assistance! :wtflol:

If you are talking about SXS, I have my Rhino listed on my MetLife Pak homeowners policy. I don't have the records here, but it is stupid cheap, like $62 a year.

Got quotes from a few places....
Progressive = $523
Geico = $795
Allstate = $648 (who I had all my stuff with.)
Farmers = $245

All were close to the same coverage....I insured it for $17,000
Bodily injury 25,000/50,000
Passenger liability 25,000/50,000
Property damage 25,000
Optional equipment 500 (The doors, roof, windshield are covered in the $17,000)
I'm now covered if anything were to happen to it. (fire, theft, accident, whatever.)

Just a FYI....Just because it's sitting in your shop/garage it still has to have a it's own policy. It won't be covered under contents like tools, mowers, etc. I was told, If the shop burns with the crawler in it, I'd be SOL. It will not be considered as "contents". Don't know how all that works.

I also switched ALL my insurance over to Farmers. I saved money and got better coverage on my house, shop and vehicles. I saved enough to pay for the RZR insurance and still put a couple hundred dollars in my pocket when all was said and done. :woot:

If any of you decide to go with them, I get a referral bonus. :fish:
The guy I used is Colton W. Thomas in Muscle Shoals. [email protected] :dblthumb: Super nice guy. Stayed until about 6:30 getting all my stuff worked out and going over everything with us.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
If you are talking about SXS, I have my Rhino listed on my MetLife Pak homeowners policy. I don't have the records here, but it is stupid cheap, like $62 a year.
Check what coverage you got John. Be interesting to see.

got state farm ,its like 12 a month 144 a year somthing like that that full coverage ,mabe i should look at my paper werk to see what it covers :dunno: ;D

I have a 2012 RZR XP and rolled the **** out of it 2nd week I had it. Geico covered it no questions asked $5000 in damages. I also told them I had aftermarket parts on it and all they wanted to know was how much it would take to replace them no receipts or anything and they just paid it. They only charged me $77.00 a year. The only thing is that no one I talked to while getting the policy knew what it was they kept referring to it as the bike even the adjuster didnt know what it was.

USAA sent me through Progressive. $230 a year for full coverage with 500 collision/comprehensive

Draco said:
Got quotes from a few places....
Progressive = $523
Geico = $795
Allstate = $648 (who I had all my stuff with.)
Farmers = $245

All were close to the same coverage....I insured it for $17,000
Bodily injury 25,000/50,000
Passenger liability 25,000/50,000
Property damage 25,000
Optional equipment 500 (The doors, roof, windshield are covered in the $17,000)
I'm now covered if anything were to happen to it. (fire, theft, accident, whatever.)

Just a FYI....Just because it's sitting in your shop/garage it still has to have a it's own policy. It won't be covered under contents like tools, mowers, etc. I was told, If the shop burns with the crawler in it, I'd be SOL. It will not be considered as "contents". Don't know how all that works.

I also switched ALL my insurance over to Farmers. I saved money and got better coverage on my house, shop and vehicles. I saved enough to pay for the RZR insurance and still put a couple hundred dollars in my pocket when all was said and done. :woot:

If any of you decide to go with them, I get a referral bonus. :fish:
The guy I used is Colton W. Thomas in Muscle Shoals. [email protected] :dblthumb: Super nice guy. Stayed until about 6:30 getting all my stuff worked out and going over everything with us.
Check what coverage you got John. Be interesting to see.

I just got a new rzr s and had to get insurance. I dont know why your quotes are so high but so far heres what ive came up with.
Like you i have EVERYTHING with ALLSTATE and been with them for 12 years.

25000/50000 coverage --- $361 a year
collision --- $500 deductible
comprehensive --- $500 deductible
optional equipment $1000 ---- says included on statement. (geico covers up to 2000 at no extra charge)

Just did the online geico quote and they did the exact coverarge above PLUS the $2000 equipment coverage and it was only $197 a year.
I got to messing with the deductibles and put both on $200 and its only $227 a year
Heck I can even do a $50 deductible on both and its still $70 cheaper than the Allstate quote :****:

I think im gonna cancel the allstate before i get a bill. I think its sorry that they stick it to us like that when we've been with them soo long and i even told her quote me a good price so i dont have to keep lookin and she said $361yr was best she could do. I bet you she'll find ways to get it down some when i tell her im goin to GEICO.