87yjtoy said:
Really like this buggy.

Would like to see pic with driver in it,

great job on it.

Thanks

Plenty of room for activities inside it

313d6e12b4157a730c651f88d1db871b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By gawd what's her phone number I can make her happy I have 3" pipe in stock.....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Edit looks like a little person. I've checked my inventory and I have plenty of 2" pipe in stock.

Made it to hale.

Well I didn't think anything messed up but now I think the transmission was killed.

f5aa6de818e9c363a3c86daf3fc1c832.jpg

What happened to the trans are you running a 350 or 400?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

350. Apparently something pooped in it. I didn't notice until I got home and went to drive it up the road. Took it back to ptc and they said something happened to 3rd gear and made 2 and 3 not work. Then some trash got the pump a little bit. So new pump and new 3rd gear clutches and $600 later hopefully it'll last more than 2 rides this time.

I had ptc go through what was a working and freshly rebuilt transmission before I finished the buggy. I suspect they messed something up in it when they installed the upgraded drum but that's just me being paranoid. I don't have a lot of faith in them at this point.

They suggested I run hydraulic fluid in it so I'm going to try that this go round.

It was a pretty crazy fast timeline though I just happened to be working in Alabama so I pulled the trans Monday after hale, took it to ptc Tuesday, picked it up Thursday, and put it back in Saturday.

dc7509451261eef29e93df6fa4b37287.jpg

831103e2ca36f28bc266e0d801d01622.jpg

The Luke said:
Any more updates or pictures? I'm impatiently for some action shots over here.

Been living in his garage since it's rained for the last 2 months

bd5355c314e418b1de0124c3406077e6.jpg

It's been a min since I updated this but the buggy had been doin great. Haven't been able to wheel as much as I want but that's life. I still have a to do list on it and knocked out a couple things his weekend.

Goatbuilt got me squared away with the better tensioner so maybe no more shredded belts. I added a sound bar for some trail tunes and then replaced my lower links with some 2.5" aluminum ones. The 2.5x3/8" wall ones bent already. I have a new orbital coming from psc should speed up my steering from 3.4 to 2.4 turns lock to lock. Hopefully there won't be any side effects.

355b81175d767aee879fd193e7b12d5e.jpg

e7abf8d3b0ac277c7698df9c5949326a.jpg

527a0d3bde72ae2d7d8967920baa812c.jpg

49840d2855825cb71f2e428f9fe4d51e.jpg

8f2cbb04700bcd3e6470ec3ea7ea6ea5.jpg

Robbiem said:
They suggested I run hydraulic fluid in it so I'm going to try that this go round.

831103e2ca36f28bc266e0d801d01622.jpg

Interesting. I shipped my TH350 back to PTC just the other day to be freshened up and the torque converter opened up. Is running hydraulic fluid a common thing in all automatics for off road or just the TH350?

I run 303 hydraulic fluid in my c4. Ed says he suggest it in most the trans they build. Tightens the converter stall 2-300 but it's cheap fluid and works great!

Myself and just about everyone in our group runs hydraulic fluid in our trannys ...and it's a mixed bag.. th350s, th400s, power glide, and one 727.

Great looking buggy Robbiem....cant want to see it in person!

Some good tech here. First I've ever heard of running Hydraulic fluid in an auto Trans. Anyone know what the benefit is? Other than the afore mentioned tightening the converter up.

Blase said:
Some good tech here. First I've ever heard of running Hydraulic fluid in an auto Trans. Anyone know what the benefit is? Other than the afore mentioned tightening the converter up.

In short,

Tractor/equipment hydraulic fluid is made to transfer power. The additive package will only be for anti aeration and equipment longevity

Dexron/mercon/ATF has additives to shift softer/run quieter/etc. purely for driving characteristics

There isn't "that" much difference, but the "benefits" of ATF are kind of lost on a buggy trans

Plus you can run the 303 in your steering too.

Very interesting, thanks for putting that info out there. I like the idea of running it both steering and trans :woot:

P said:
Very interesting, thanks for putting that info out there. I like the idea of running it both steering and trans :woot:

when I worked in the lab at TRW Commerical Steering, we ran DexIII in most of the test stands because it was tested/documented/and well known to be the "worse case scenario" fluid, way harder on pumps and gears than anything else that was OEM spec'd, and any trash or debris (from outside contaminants, or failing internals) would just suspend in the fluid and trash everything even quicker.

Latest posts