• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is there enough beef?

skipnrocks

I am building a rear engine kids buggy and was thinking of using a 7/8 in heim for the upper control arms. The main reason is if their not needed at 1.25 in heims their about half the cost.

Being built with double triangulated four links front and rear. Buggy is light weight 2500 ish lbs trans axle rig on 40 in stickies.

Yes! I ran only 3/4 heims on my Zuki buggy for years and never had a problem, and it probably weighed over 3500 lbs.

zukimaster said:
Yes! I ran only 3/4 heims on my Zuki buggy for years and never had a problem, and it probably weighed over 3500 lbs.

Same here, you are fine

The 9 inch will break before a 7/8 heims.

Seriously though the first few hit man buggies ran 7/8 to save weight

Awesome thank you. I was going to use 1.75 120 for uppers. should I sleeve them and do 1.75 .250?

I have done 120 wall uppers before but in a jeep running 37s never in sticky rig.

Re:

Stock jk's use 1" .120 wall uppers and lowers. I've bent one like a banana. They are short but I wouldn't hesitate to run , 1.75 x .120 uppers on a lightweight? rig.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Run good links. I would go aluminum lowers dom uppers. How much money will it save you if the axle doesn't come out from under it ever. It's a selling point if you ever get rid of it. If you upgrade power your ready

BUG-E J said:
Run good links. I would go aluminum lowers dom uppers. How much money will it save you if the axle doesn't come out from under it ever. It's a selling point if you ever get rid of it. If you upgrade power your ready

Lowers are already done. Their a 2 in .250 wall. But I agree. Want to make sure this is reliable.

I'm building one similar to you...I'm using all ruffstuff 7/8 joints. 2"x.250 lowers
1.75x.120 uppers.
Only thing I didnt care for on the 7/8" joints is the 2" mounting width vs. The 2.63 if you want to buy axle brackets. I cut mine all down to fit. Didn't realize it till it all came in