• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Isabelle

hwcurtice

I have a question. Does The Isabelle trail end where it begins? Under the power lines, turn left, is the way to the torched pickup/May Creek. But turn right and end up where? I went up that way Saturday, before finding, or being found, by the workgroup, past the orange/red gate. Great view.

You know where the may creek crossing is (where the burnt ford is). Cross there. At the first Y turn left. follow it up to a switchback, make sure to follow the switchback east. Follow it up and up at the next Y turn left and right after that there is another Y--go right and follow it up and up and up...

It just goes up and up past the bridge a bit more until you hit a dead end. If you run it you have to come back down it the same way you went up.

The Lake Isabelle trail is across May Creek, as Crash described. Its an out and back run, gotta come back down the same way you go up, and hope that a Land Rover doesn't block the trail on the way back down! :D

hwcurtice said:
Sheesh, ask a simple question, get almost no good answers.:mad:
Ask "A" simple question? Looks like you asked more than one to me...

hwcurtice said:
Does The Isabelle trail end where it begins?
Yes. You go up then come back down the same way.

hwcurtice said:
But turn right and end up where?
Some dead ends last time I was up that way on all the little split offs, and a good view.

The trail is to the left like you were talking about. Cross over the creek.

~T.J.

IF you hang a right before heading through all the deep puddles on the way to the burnt ford, its just a logging road that switch backs up the mountain. Nice view up there but it doesn't connect to the Isabelle Trail.

That aint a creek!

isabel2.jpg

SUPAFLY said:
That aint a creek!

isabel2.jpg

That's down by the burnt Ford. I remember going over it with KarlVP on Saturday. Yep, almost river status there. Although, I think after a bit of rain, it becomes raging torrent, right?

Cascade_Crawler said:
IF you hang a right before heading through all the deep puddles on the way to the burnt ford, its just a logging road that switch backs up the mountain. Nice view up there but it doesn't connect to the Isabelle Trail.

There's the answer I was looking for!

Well sort of. I was hoping there might be an easier way, not flying in, to the lake.

Thanks CC.

hwcurtice said:
There's the answer I was looking for!

Well sort of. I was hoping there might be an easier way, not flying in, to the lake.

Thanks CC.

There is an easier way.....ride in a Jeep up Izzy:D

mad chemist said:
The Lake Isabelle trail is across May Creek, as Crash described. Its an out and back run, gotta come back down the same way you go up, and hope that a Land Rover doesn't block the trail on the way back down! :D

what were you driving? you talking about the gray one? snapped an inner axle in that spot up at the top. i can't believe how clean this broke. if i didn't now better i'd have said it was machined in half

elf_0188_std.jpg

You've been playing in the bathroom with your tape measure again, haven't you?

Sorry, Couldn't resist that either, especially after Rich's post last week

Lets see, was on the Isabelle trail, In my mostly stock Toyota. Knew I wasn't going to make it there much past May Creek, so I parked it and rode with KarlVP, in his Jeep.

Does this qualify? For anything?