• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It has started... SAS Dakota 1997

spooledandgeared.jpg

Well we got the gears set and the spool in. Ill work on getting the axle hung over the week and get my driveline taken care of!

Don't you mean MY pits? ;)

I JUST got home dude! That is one long trip, I feel for ya!

Ill have pics when I get my wheels in.

100_0192.jpg

I think this is how far the tires will stick out of the side.

100_0190.jpg

Rolled the tires into the wheel well so I could get an idea of where to place my axles. Wheels will be here monday.

100_0188.jpg

Old axle and new axle. New axle is geared and spooled ready to go in. Old one is for sale (40$).

Thats all for now. Will have more pics this week after I start to tackle the front end. :beer:

well I bolted the rear axle on for the first time last night. I will end up moving the shackel mounts back on the frame and up a little bit because I run out of clearance between the leaf and the shackel when flexed out. So this will be the project for this weekend. The tires look awesome and I have a plan of attack for the bed. I was doing some research for OBA, has anyone heard of this setup?

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/cPath/909_910_3579/products_id/28568

0_IMAGE_124.jpg

Here is where I left off at. The back is done thats where it will be sitting. You can see the shackle mounts I made in the back.

0_IMAGE_125.jpg

IFS has been cut out. I have a new plate over that now.

Yeah I could head out there tomorrow sometime. Want me to wait for ya to get home then we can ride up?

Ok so I have a quick question. Im doing the same project for a buddy of mine and he wants to run leaf springs. What leafs should we use if you know? I just thought you might know being that you are doing this to yours. If you dont know then dont bother. BTW, nice work on this thing. I like to see that someone else is doing the same project I am.

spooledandgeared.jpg

Well we got the gears set and the spool in. Ill work on getting the axle hung over the week and get my driveline taken care of!

Not the best pic, but it looks like the pinion may need to go alittle deeper...could just be the pic though..... The build up looks good!!! (have a buddy whose son wants to SAS his '01 Dakota:awesomework:...)

Ok so I have a quick question. Im doing the same project for a buddy of mine and he wants to run leaf springs. What leafs should we use if you know? I just thought you might know being that you are doing this to yours. If you dont know then dont bother. BTW, nice work on this thing. I like to see that someone else is doing the same project I am.

I have seen guys use a 78' f250 D44 front and wagoneer leaf springs. they just rebuild a front crossmember off the end of the frame for the spring mounts. if you go on google and type SAS dakota. youll come up with a couple. one is a maroon red and one i think is white. both are leaf sprung. :awesomework:

Not the best pic, but it looks like the pinion may need to go alittle deeper...could just be the pic though..... The build up looks good!!! (have a buddy whose son wants to SAS his '01 Dakota:awesomework:...)

I think its just the pic. I had a guy I know from work who has been setting up gears for a long ass time and he said the pattern looked good. Hope to show some good progress this weekend!! Im itching to go work on it but we're looking at houses this weekend too.

100_0422.jpg

So I start with this

100_0423.jpg

And end up with this.

100_0425.jpg

welds

100_0427.jpg

some perspective of the truck's size.

100_0429.jpg

Overall from the backside.

100_0435.jpg

Shackle mounts that I made.

100_0436.jpg

Side view.

Thanks for the info on the leaf springs. I will keep an eye on your build to guid me through mine. Any steering issues that need addressing? Can you use the old IFS box?

what year is your dodge? 97-99 your ok but in 00' they went to rack and pinion steering so you need a 78' F250 steering box and a saginaw pump.

anyone have a 37" tire for a 15" wheel with 20%+ tread for sale? I need a spare, anything will work TSL, bogger, irok whatever.