• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It wasn't purdy enuff for me!

How's that fj comin? :fawkdancesmiley:

which one? :fawkdancesmiley:

seriously you took a turn key wheeler and you are going to put some pride into it and make it look purdy and then it wont be a turn key wheeler, it will be a turn key nice 4x4 like the runner was.

You will think twice about rubbing a tree or taking a hard line if it means putting a love mark on the new proud metal.

You bought a care free wheeler that was fun and care free and are turning it into a "watch my door" kinda rig.

You are going to end up wheeling with JP now.

Where's the MOD's to save this build thread from these hijackers? :stirpot: :corn:
I am king of this thread! No mods allowed! Hahahahaha! :cheer:
which one? :fawkdancesmiley:

seriously you took a turn key wheeler and you are going to put some pride into it and make it look purdy and then it wont be a turn key wheeler, it will be a turn key nice 4x4 like the runner was.

You will think twice about rubbing a tree or taking a hard line if it means putting a love mark on the new proud metal.

You bought a care free wheeler that was fun and care free and are turning it into a "watch my door" kinda rig.

You are going to end up wheeling with JP now.
Valid points, but I bought it with the intention of throwing the cab away from the beginning and starting with something fresher. I also want a bigger cab, I don't fit so well in those first gen cabs. :squirrel: The ability to drive to where I want to wheel in relative comfort is a good thing too, also I don't want to have tow rig and trailer just yet.

Who's JP?

I'm still needing a donor cab at this point so this build is not so great.:booo:

Who's JP?

I'm still needing a donor cab at this point so this build is not so great.:booo:

JP has the sammi buggy turned show car. http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44093&page=17

Whatya lookin for? I have a nice 91 extra cab but no title and I also have a nice 86 standard cab.

If you use a standard cab Rus, you will need a bench seat so you can fit better. The benches sit way back closer to the back wall of the cab than the buckets do.

Ended up going to pick up an 85 Xtra-Cab 2wd today that was supposed to have a seized engine according to the ad. When we got there and started talking to the guy it sounded more like a blown headgasket. So we fired it up and it drove right up onto the trailer! When we got back to Tacoma, the co-pilot forgot to put the ramps down on the trailer and WHAM! the bumper took a little damage :redneck:gettin er off the trailer. :haha: Overall the truck's in really good shape and was a real score for the price.

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

2nd gens are fawking hideous it'll look much better with natures body work all over it. :D

I'd be extremely interested in the rolling chassis of that 2x if you're planning on parting with it.

So during the week Gabe got the wiring sorted, gas tank figured and pedals installed.:awesomework:
Last night and yesterday we got some solid work in.
Swapped alternator and mount for new style.
IMG_0324.JPG

Cut out the cab so it would clear the fuel tank and horse collar.
IMG_0319.JPG

Gas tank plumbed and switched to flexible filler tube.
IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

Clutch, brakes, and igniter installed.
IMG_0322.JPG

ARB compressor installed.
IMG_0323.JPG

Something got done here, not sure what.
IMG_0325.JPG

Cut holes for the shocks.
IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

Getting close, if we're lucky we can have it rolling by the end of the day tomorrow! :cheer:

Spent all day today wrapping up little stuff. Body is mounted to frame again and had to do more cutting of the body. Got it running at the end of the day, it's got a little bit of hesitation when you get on the throttle though. Not quite sure what's up with that. Super stoked to fire it up today! :cheer:

Maybe we'll be done this coming weekend? Made a lot of good progress this weekend, interior's back in, first bob done on bed, mostly back to running except for a few small issues.
IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

Gabe welding!
IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

Got the bench back in too, but didn't get a picture of it for some reason.