• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I've been thinking

Youngbone

For a graduation gift I'm going to be recieving some money, and I'm thinking around 1000 dollars or so. Do you think les schwab would let me open a credit account with 1000 bucks and install a 6 inch lift and put some 35's or 33's on my truck and just let me pay it off monthly? Anyone know anything about les schwab or anything? Your help is truly appreciated, I just want to get this thing lifted. It should've been done a long time ago. Thanks, and if you know of any other place or person that will install a 6 inch lift kit, then let me know. It would be going on a 1984 toyota 4 runner. Thanks again,

Chris

I strongly recommend not going into debt right out of school.
Buy what you can with your money (tires and/or lockers maybe?)
OR put your money into a high yield savings bond or something, let it make you some money.
Keep in mind if you HAVE to spend the money on the rig:
The more tire you can keep on the ground and turning (very broad generalization) the more places you can go.

For $1000 bucks, but a floor jack, a lift kit, and a good used set of 35's and do the work yourself... it is EASY to do and you need to learn sooner or later, so it may as well be sooner.

Les Schwab sucks dog ****, don't give them a dime... especially for their overpriced suspension parts (at which time they will tell you that you also need a bunch of other **** that you don't need... steering parts, brakes, etc...that is supposedly worn out).

On CL there is a guy that is trying to sell a used lift that has hardly been used. He's in Kent a and It's for a Cherokee ( don't know what your rig is) The lift retails for 2200$ but he's selling for cheap. 1400$ or so and he was willing to negos price. He is selling the Cherokee and the lift seperate but will sell the hole thing for 2200$. Less Schwab is crap and you need to know your rig so ya need to learn.

On CL there is a guy that is trying to sell a used lift that has hardly been used. He's in Kent a and It's for a Cherokee ( don't know what your rig is) The lift retails for 2200$ but he's selling for cheap. 1400$ or so and he was willing to negos price. He is selling the Cherokee and the lift seperate but will sell the hole thing for 2200$. Less Schwab is crap and you need to know your rig so ya need to learn.

He said in his post he has an 84 Yota

you sent that young'n to 4wheelfucks :haha: :haha: :haha:

*they are 10x worse than schwab
That is physically impossible. 4WP is at most 1x as bad as Schwab. Either one is like shacking up with Bubba in prison; either way, you're gonna get ****ed and you're not gonna like it.

The only thing Schwab is good for is free flat repairs. Their prices are insane, their customer service is, well, not, and their general workmanship is a joke. Run away.

I am fully with Poohbair. Invest in a few tools and learn how to do **** for yourself.

I am NOT poking fun here, just calling like I see it:hi: Lifting an '84 'Yota is NOT rocket science! Buy a kit(used if pos.), a floor jack, some HF hand tools and a used set of 35's and do it your self in a weekend. U will get to know your truck A LOT better, save $$, and have the satisfaction of knowing U did it your self:awesomework: Then if U know some one with a welder have them weld up the rear diff. (and pos. the front) and go wheel the hell out of it:D

Lifting an '84 'Yota is NOT rocket science! Buy a kit(used if pos.), a floor jack, some HF hand tools and a used set of 35's and do it your self in a weekend.

It takes you a whole weekend to swap out a set of leafs and shocks? :eeek: :haha: :haha: :looser: 1-2 hours, easy.

I'll travel if I can get help, either way I love the idea of at least doing some of it myself if not all. All help is welcome, but first we need to find me a lift. I can only find 4 inch suspension lifts that are recently priced.. Comon guys lets find this thing a lift and get it installed! Thanks for all your help by the way.

CJ

I'll travel if I can get help, either way I love the idea of at least doing some of it myself if not all. All help is welcome, but first we need to find me a lift. I can only find 4 inch suspension lifts that are recently priced.. Comon guys lets find this thing a lift and get it installed! Thanks for all your help by the way.

CJ

heres what you need to do, buy some 44044's for the front, 200 bucks per spring. buy some 2" add-a-leaves for the rear springs, 50 bucks or so. some shackles for the front,and rear, about 50 bucks per pair. and then some procomp shocks, about 30 bones each. then come on up and ill show you what to do. and you'll need to buy the extended brake line kit for about 70bucks.