• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JD2 Model 3 bender. What am I doing wrong?

That's how mine is set up. It kicks the body of the Rams a good bit of distance away from the tube coming to the die.

index.php

Is there a reason you cannot take the adapter off and move the ram movable end to the last hole in the arm. That would pivot the cylinder away from the work. I think the cylinder and arm should be close to 90 degrees.

Attachments

• bender.png
    bender.png
    688.8 KB · Views: 123
Re: Re: JD2 Model 3 bender. What am I doing wrong?

I agree with JohnG. The Swag setup doesn't have that extension on it. Don't see where its needed. I have a model 3 with the Swag kit & same cylinder you have, and have bent 1/4" wall 1.75" DOM with it so the extra leverage of the extension isn't needed.
Maybe that kit was originally designed for a shorter cylinder?

Skip to about 2:00 to see the Sawg setup mounted & in use...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-M-GUO7yME

Thanks everyone for the advise. I will try removing the extension and bolting the cylinder straight to the bender like John suggested and see if that corrects it. I bet it does. I had a feeling this kit was made for another bender or different cylinder.

fordcontraption01 said:
Sweet. How's it bend.
Perfect. Not straining with the spacer removed. Very repeatable.

ranger11 said:
More details on what your building. Looks like a vtwin mated to a th350?
It's a mini buggy/side by side thing. All independent suspension. 155 horsepower Ultima 127" (2080 cc) engine with a Powerglide and a flipped Dana 300.
I'll do a build thread once it's mechanically complete.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 128
I thought about putting a S&S v twin in my samurai one time, plenty of power, and light, just didn't think I could ever keep it cool.