• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JD2 Notchmaster Question

JW79

To those who have a notchmaster, whats the shortest length of tubing you have notched with it? Called JD2 and they said 1 foot, then said well maybe 6 inches but the guy didn't really seem to know??? From the looks it seems you could get down to 4 or 5 inches. Thanks

you can through notch some very small parts. you can do just under 3" if you have to though. depends on angle as well

Ive got a 1 1/2 sleeve tack welded in side a 6" piece of 1 3/4 that i slide into small parts and tack weld them together to make a notch.

Thanks for all the replies. Just trying to make sure I can use it to notch 4" tube for the supports going in between my frame rails before I buy it. They will all be straight notches.
Never seen one in person and I really couldn't tell from any pictures. Sounds like it will work.

same as Smurfy said. if its 1.75" tube you can tack a piece of 1.5" in it and chuck the 1.5" up and holesaw the 1.75" hanging off it. You can go to under .25 inch if you wanted, that way.

Re: Re: JD2 Notchmaster Question

Why go through the hassle of tacking and grinding, and possibly breaking a weak tack, or tacking too heavy? Split some tube like I posted and the clamp on the notcher secures it all.. :dunno:

Thanks again for all the info. Ended up going with the Baileigh tn250. Lead time on the JD2 was a couple weeks and by the time I added tax, shipping, SWAG arm, etc it wasn't that much more to get the tn250. Baileigh hooked me up with free shipping and had it at my door in 2 days. I haven't ever used the JD2 but the tn250 is a real quality machined tool and there is no slop or shifting while notching, damn thing weighs a ton though.