• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep 4.0 I.D.

NotSoPC

Ok so my dad picked up a CJ with an XJ drive train in. He wants to pick up a wire harness but needs to know the year. It has a fuel rail and such but I am not sure what to look for to find out what year. Anything he can look for that would tell him> The wiring is F'ed and he wants to clean it up and get it right. Any help would be great.:beer:

Who would do such a thing!..........So is he doing all the wiring? Then entire harness?

Ya its kinda funny with the 30 in front with a ton of bracing and still bent. He wants to replace the whole thing cause whoever put it together did a butcher job on it. Plus it looks like hell and is all wrong. It runs but the lights are F'ed and wires all over.

Does it have an EGR valve?

Does it have one fuel line at the front of the rear and one at the rear? Or both at the front? Or single line only?

Ignition coil mounted to pass. side of block or somewhere else on firewall?

ECM (computer), is it black plastic or metal cased?

Get a couple pics and I'm sure I can help you out.

I will look again to see about some of those but the coil is on the right side of block. The wife's 99 has the throttle on the front of the body and this one has it on the back side. I am thinking a 91 to 97 maybe.

Does it have an EGR valve?

Does it have one fuel line at the front of the rear and one at the rear? Or both at the front? Or single line only?

It has one I think but will have to look again.

Ignition coil mounted to pass. side of block or somewhere else on firewall?

ECM (computer), is it black plastic or metal cased?

The ECM is hidden up under the dash in an ammo can so not sure as I have not seen it or tried to remove the ammo can.

Get a couple pics and I'm sure I can help you out.

:beer:

If it has one fuel line at the front and one fuel line at the rear of the rail, then it is a Renix motor, '87-'90 XJ style.