• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

jeep auto to man conversion.

04rubi

Let the stickies do the work
was wanting to from auto to manual in an 04 rubicon and was wondering what all i would need besides the basics like tranny, petals, etc. and will i have to have a computer?
thanks

not sure why you would want to do that but you will need flex plate also.. Possibly new driveshafts, I believe the auto longer, at least that was the case when I went from manual to auto. I dont know why you would need a new computer unless the tranny disconnected would put you in limp mode.

i believe after 02, the transmissions were the same length. The tf999 that came prior to 03 were 2in shorter.

As for as a computer i am not sure i believe the auto has a seperate computer, but do not know if it intergrates into the main computer in anyway. Also you will have to bypass or hook up the neutral safety switch to the pedal.

Thats all i can think of for now.

I would bank on it having issues with the transmission control module removed since pretty much every vehicle built in the past 10-15 years has a CAN line that the modules "talk" to each other on, probably will turn on the ABS light as well. Best bet would be to get a harness out of one that is a manual trans. I can probably get you wiring diagrams if needed. May have to reprogram the ECM so that it knows it doesn't have an automatic in it.