• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep Commander

toyrunner95

ok guys, i got a question for you. now DO NOT BE BIAS! please just give me a a no BS assessment.

my parents are looking at buying a jeep commander to replace their 98' grand cherokee limited the one with the 360.

now since its an 06 there is not much feedback on it, i was just wondering what you guys think.

they dont go off road, they are senior citizens, kinda. just turned 60. but they like the room and the ability to pull their travel trailer.

any comments?

toyrunner95 said:
ok guys, i got a question for you. now DO NOT BE BIAS! please just give me a a no BS assessment.

my parents are looking at buying a jeep commander to replace their 98' grand cherokee limited the one with the 360.

now since its an 06 there is not much feedback on it, i was just wondering what you guys think.

they dont go off road, they are senior citizens, kinda. just turned 60. but they like the room and the ability to pull their travel trailer.

any comments?

I had a rental for 3 days. I'm 6' and my head was really close to the roof the a pillars are very wide (blind spot) and if the 3rd row seats are up you cannot see out the back window. Other than that it was a very nice roomy rig.

my dads 6' and he seems to like it, but he hates blind spots, however; the grand he has now has crappy A pillers, so i dont think he will mind that.

any other problems

The Commander is built on the Grand Cherokee platform, but the interior is all smashed in to accomodate third row seating. Stick with the Grand. Go with the SRT-8!

I like the commanders.

However, the rear most seats aren't really built for fullsize adults. The mid row is fine though. I wouldn't reccomend the Hemi package, the 4.7 does just fine and you maintain your mileage.

The Commanders ride and drive great, the 3rd row seats are a pain when up for seeing out the back, but the higher end ones have back up cameras on them. The 4.7 does pretty well but depending on how big their trailer is I would go with the hemi.

I tw would be good for older folks not hauling around a family or something. I am 6ft too but I am 285lbs and it sucked for me. My wife did not even like it all either and she is tiny. With the front seats all the way up the mid row has barely any room. I like the looks of it the but we stuck with the Grand

PM Bishop, His momma has the first commander that came to Bellevue. Its tottaly loaded(Hemi) and is quiet, damn fast and a great ride.

They do have to worst blind spot of any vehicle made right now though.

Jeepster said:
The Commander is built on the Grand Cherokee platform, but the interior is all smashed in to accomodate third row seating. Stick with the Grand. Go with the SRT-8!

Would be fun to see a 60 year old ripping around in a SRT-8. The problem is the Exhaust (center exit). Also if I'm not mistaken it's recomended that you not tow.(tranny) even if you did move the exhaust and add a hitch.
Then again I'm pretty sure you were just being a smartass.

They seem like great rigs, but definately wouldn't be my ideal rig to tow a travel trailer with (rated for it or not, I don't see a half ton SUV towing a travel trailer being a fun time).