• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep Half doors..

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
Anyone know of a place that makes armor for these suckers?. Seems to be a good pivot point for me. :redneck:

oops1ju9.jpg

oopset4.jpg

I haven't found any place yet. Mine look the same way. Out here on the west coast, it is cheaper to buy the full doors and chop them down yourself.

Paint it red, dent and all, and it'll look just like mine :flipoff:
I have three sets of doors.
The Harddoors have that dent
The Halfdoors have that dent
The canvas doors don't, HMMMMM......

SysWillys said:
X2.....Why? :redneck:

Dang good question. My answer is that it give the G/F peace of mind. Why? Haven't got that figgered out neither. But it does. Even though I've flopped twice on her side, while she rode with me. And crushed the hard doors a third time, while she rode with me. HMMMMMM. Maybe just answered my own question. :haha:

well if the door wasn;t there it would have puckered the tub. I'd rather pucker the door. eventually this thing will have armor all around. God knows I need it.

I think I'll stop by Jantz's shop tomm and see if he can make a set. But I need to find one door. Anyone have a passenger half door for a YJ. dont need the set. :redneck:

Big Flat surface why don't you just plate the whole door in 1/8 steel plate. Seems to work good at protecting(hiding)dents on the rear corners of Jeeps.

I have seen them made out of plywood before. Just cut your locking/latching mechanism out.

If not, PM me I can get you Diamond plate for cheap. Whatever your cost is, cut it in half.

TreeClimber said:
Dang good question. My answer is that it give the G/F peace of mind. Why? Haven't got that figgered out neither. But it does. Even though I've flopped twice on her side, while she rode with me. And crushed the hard doors a third time, while she rode with me. HMMMMMM. Maybe just answered my own question. :haha:

Funny how the passenger side is so much more beat up then the driver side?

I have doors but there mostly to help keep some heat in as I don't have a top and in our winter which is equivelent to your late spring/early fall...It gets damn cold......60's....Brrrrrr :D

H3RESQ said:
Big Flat surface why don't you just plate the whole door in 1/8 steel plate. Seems to work good at protecting(hiding)dents on the rear corners of Jeeps.

Thats what I want to do. I was hoping someplace out there already had these made and I could just buy them.

Totalled said:
Tube doors...

Tube doors in this situation would have made it worse. plus with tube doors I wouldn't be able to pivot off the door. :redneck: