• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep jk death wobble

Tires are fairly new they're not wearing funny. Tie rod ends check out ok steering box is new. Only thing I can come up with would be track bar bushing at the axle and put the "holy crap get the torch that's tight"on it! I thought it was weird that it drove fine for a month then one little light off road trip and it starts to act stupid.

I replaced everything in the front end of the heep even had it aligned and nothing helped. New bushings bearings track bar bushings you name it I've replaced it. So finally I said to heck with it and went and bought a 32$ O'reilys own replacement stabilizer problem solved! No more stupid wobble! If you got worn parts gettem replaced then then look in to that quick cheap little fix. Some say it might be a band aid on the problem but if that's the case then hopefully the bandaid will go another 229,000 miles.

I figured out how to fix it. It's pretty simple. Take and loosen all the bolts in the front suspension. Change the front axle with a Dana 60. Then change all the factory steering **** with some hydro stuff. Then replace all the suspension links with some 7075 links and 1.25" heims. Repeat for the rear. Fixed. Lol

I forgot to update this. I finally got it fixed, I put a new track bar in and steering dampener and it didn't fix it so I did napa premium ball joints and it fixed it, 60k on the jeep and zero OffRoad miles but it was indeed the ball joints . I priced dynatrac ball joints cuz I figured I'd put something good in it . They were close to 600$! So...Napa Premiums it was and they were still 320$ but all in all we got the jeep back safe to drive.

I welded a 3/4" uniball in the frame end of the stock track bar to stop the flop of the trackbar, then a Heim at the lower end. Also cut stock bracket off axle and put 1/4" back with a 5/8" bolt down there. Probably would have fixed it but did synergy balljoints and a ruffstuff tie rod. The 37 km2 is still so out of round/balance that it's pretty much coming off the ground at 75 but no shimmy/wobble/nothing.
Trackbar is more solid than anything you could buy and there's like $50 in parts and some welding. Adjustable now too. It DW so hard the last time that there is now play in my steering box (quite a Bit) but its not noticeable driving.

I love this jeep other than that, we have had a wrangler for 10 years ,Yj, Tj now this jk . It's fun to drive for the wife and I enjoy it in the summer . No regrets there just frustrating to have a newer low mile vehicle that I couldn't figure out ! Unlike the previous jeeps there's a lot on this one I don't know much about , the v6 being one and the much more extensive wireing in this jeep with power doors and windows , security etc. 15 years from now it won't be a reliable trail rig I'd bet !

Re:

Check Track Bar, ball joints, hubs & control arms. After that bent rim, or bad tire. That's pretty much all the is in front. If it has a 4" lift make sure the control arms are sitting at the current lengths.