• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

jeep pitman arm question

dr drae

So I need a flatter (less drop) pitman arm. My factory XJ arm is ~1" drop for a TJ/YJ, and a ZJ is ~1" drop for an XJ. What's flatter than a TJ/YJ factory arm that spline-wise will mount to my XJ steering box, have the same throw (~same length eye to eye), and can accept a 1 ton drag link end? Waggy maybe?

thx!

So I need a flatter (less drop) pitman arm. My factory XJ arm is ~1" drop for a TJ/YJ, and a ZJ is ~1" drop for an XJ. What's flatter than a TJ/YJ factory arm that spline-wise will mount to my XJ steering box, have the same throw (~same length eye to eye), and can accept a 1 ton drag link end? Waggy maybe?

thx!

the waggy one is 7" center to center and yes it can be drilled (reamed ) out for the one ton tie rod. Dean Detwiler did mine. I have an spare you can borrow to try first if you want.

Thanks Pokey, I may take you up on that, I need to look at my clearance now that I know they're 7" center to center...

this is the one I used. Sams offroad sells a flat version for about $100. but it is also 7" centers. I cured my clearance issue with the tierod by moving my steering box forward 3/4 of an inch

Attachments

• waggy arm.jpg
    waggy arm.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts